GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Side mirrors moving on their own while parked?

LOL! Even if this issue can't be fixed, I wouldn't sell a car I'm enjoying this much over this. I got it when I read that Mk7 Golf R production had ended and that the model might be on hiatus for 2-3 years at least in the US. I already had a Cayman GT4 that I was using for everything from DD to...
  2. J

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do (after this COVID-19 mess since this is hardly a critical problem). I just have a feeling that they'll be unable to replicate this behavior since it's only happened to me twice, and even within the time this first occurred, I've taken several drives where the...
  3. J

Yeah, I don't know what to make of this suddenly happening twice in quick succession after months of no issues, and of course most of the time the mirrors remain where they are. Anyhow, both times I saw this, I had pulled forward into the spot I had parked in. My mirrors don't fold and I didn't...
  4. J

No, I always use the same key. The spare is kept elsewhere, so I wouldn’t have grabbed it accidentally. I also disabled the option to link driver profiles to specific keys so that instead you just choose the desired driver profile when you start the car. And even when I switch driver profiles...
  5. J

I’ve had my 2019 R for a little over 6 months now. I’ve noticed that twice in just the last 2 weeks, when I got back into the car, both side mirrors had moved significantly from where I’d set them. It looked like they had moved to the most extreme position on one or both axes. I’m the only one...
  6. J

Loud "pothole impact" sound over bumps normal?

I agree that having performance tires that tend to flex less contributes to the issue, but the tires on the R are certainly less aggressive than the "street legal track tires" I've run on the GT4 (Bridgestone RE-71R and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2), and those are low profile on 20" wheels. But...
  7. J

Thanks to you both. I drive almost all the time with DCC in Normal and my wife drives in Comfort, and this has happened in both of those modes. Haven't tried it in Sport, but now you've got me curious to see if that firmer setting mitigates this somewhat. Thanks! And YES that "I just sent...
  8. J

I realize that, in fact I'm an HPDE instructor. But as I said, my Cayman GT4 that is an actual sports car optimized for the track is perfectly fine over this same bump at higher speeds, hence my confusion. I realize it's also more expensive and therefore the difference might be down to just...
  9. J

Thanks! That's my guess too. I'm just wondering if that's easier to do in this car compared to others or if there might be something wrong with my car that might be making it easier than it should be. This is my first VW, so I don't even have a frame of reference for the brand. The car does...
  10. J

Hello all, First I will say that I have already checked for suspension pucks that had been left installed, and thankfully there were none. Photos of the inside of the plastic "sleeves" show everything clear up to a yellow foamy looking thing that appears to be permanently stuck to the body. I...