GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. OryxRob

WANTED * Belvedere Wheels *

Look great, did you get stung on import tax? looking at getting some Scottsdales & only sets are in Germany.
  2. OryxRob

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Yo need to do the Audi jacking point covers next 👍
  3. OryxRob

Getting Carplay/AA on this unit

I’m assuming you already have it fitted & just need it activated? If so, only 2 ways possible I believe. Either via your VW dealer or someone like VAGretrofit can do it remotely if you have a laptop & a d-link cable. i want mine doing but don’t have a laptop & im not paying £250 to VW!! Rob.
  4. OryxRob

Clubsport style side decal - 40 Years

Hi, no I’m UK 🇬🇧 Based so I just ordered via my VW dealers. From what I’ve seen on here lots of people have had good results with e-Acca. maybe the can’t find your cardboard box address🤔I’m sure it’ll arrive, just takes a bit of time to get to the US
  5. OryxRob

Finally got around to fitting these last night. Adds to the few subtle mods different between mine & brother's
  6. OryxRob

You could order them through e-acca but they come in a long thin cardboard box (not suitable for transient housing), wouldn’t like to see the condition after being shipped across the world!!
  7. OryxRob

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I have a mk7 & fitted the mk8 version. You only need 1 of the brackets (sure it’s 1K0501682, I ordered both by mistake) & 1 of the nuts & bolts
  8. OryxRob

Has anyone fitted the genuine ones? I've sourced a set & looking to install. Looking at the kit it has a thick clear vinyl that comes off 1st then does the black have an adhesive?
  9. OryxRob

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Fitted TCR spoiler lip, love the subtle mod.
  10. OryxRob

VW guy was adamant it’s superseded, I recon he’s fu£3d up & ordered wrong part so I ordered it from AUDI instead!! Proper part now here & just got to fit it this weekend.
  11. OryxRob

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Picked up some RS3 brake ducts today to fit this weekend. Surprisingly cheap! Will see how they go in terms of adding break dust.
  12. OryxRob

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

TCR spoiler & some AUS spec 40years Clubsport side stripes. Now need a steady hand & no wind so I don't f#£k up putting them on.
  13. OryxRob

Fitting 19s with panoramic roof & PP

Hi, im looking to swap my stock 18s & put19” Prets on. I have a performance pack & panoramic roof & non DCC, anyone had issues doing this? heard of cracking roofs & seen Santiago‘s couldn be specked when they were 8j x19 but believe this was weight / emissions related? hows the ride affected...
  14. OryxRob

MK7 to MK7.5 headlights

Pretty sure you can’t put 7.5 headlights in a 7 unless you change the wings, bumper, bonnet etc.
  15. OryxRob

Spoke to parts guy at VW, he's said the M has replaced the C version. Can anyone measure a C version length? Seems odd they'd replace with a different one that doesn't fit. Would VW get Skoda parts in? I know they're all the same VAG but not sure if it's for an Octavia they'd get it.
  16. OryxRob

So, is the M suffix one off a mk8 then? I ordered the C (k) suffix like Dave has fitted from his write-up but they sent me the M one. Need to argue the toss with the dealer, checked my order & I definitely ordered the correct one. But It's £25 so I'll not lose any sleep.
  17. OryxRob

Fitted front exhaust tunnel cover, mk8 rear axle cover & mk8 rear arm stone guards. id say it’s a little quieter following installation. Can hear the exhaust note more now over road noise. Sadly the rear exhaust tunnel cover was too short, I ordered 5Q0 825 206C (k) but received M for some...
  18. OryxRob

Dealing with hard water

As others have said, either dry with a damp microfibre towel or get a blower & don’t do it on warm sunny days. Some like them but personally I wouldn’t let a water blade within 50ft of mine as it’ll drag debris across your paint. All the swirl marks you see on paint are scratches from poor cleaning.
  19. OryxRob

Unsure where to go from here

Have you got an immobiliser? If it’s not even cranking over or clicking the starter I’d doubt it’s battery as you’ve tried 2.