GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. nimonery

Your previous rides......Share it !!

Just decided to look for a thread like this... So I ended up trading in the A3 for a 330i. Wanted to try something else for a little bit. Guess I'll take the time to look back on what I've owned for the last ~several years. 2017 Jetta SEL - first real intro to the car. First time learning about...
  2. nimonery

Have a pending trade-in deal on my MK7 GTI.. Would like some advice and opinion..

OP Says S3 and S4 but there is no way in hell its a 22 S4 with that low miles for $44k it must be an S3, which seems like a decent deal depending on the trim. Premium or premium plus? Regarding OP's question: yes put everything back to stock they will not give you a single cent more for...
  3. nimonery

Windshield Recalibration

Ive had my windshield replaced twice already with barely 29k miles. These damn rocks are insane. Both times at an aftermarket glass shop, which I had to bring in so they can do the recalibration. Havent had any issues with the sensors after replacing. Luckily my insurance covered with only $100...
  4. nimonery

Lowering Spring/Suspension Creaking Woes

Hi All, I wanted to make a thread to see if anyone has experienced something like I have and maybe has some info on what worked for them. Basically I installed some H&R sport springs H&R rear sway bar on my A3 and have been having trouble with all kinds of noises. There is very loud creaking...
  5. nimonery

Creaking While Steering

Following up on this thread. I had lowering springs installed and creaking is just as bad/if not worse. Its definitely from the springs skipping while turning as shown in the video posted above. Anyone have experience with fixing this? I'm thinking its cause I put H&R sport springs on the stock...
  6. nimonery

FEELER: fair price for 2021 GTI Autobahn DSG with mods

In general mods tend to decrease value unless you find the unicorn of a person who wants them. Its almost always more profitable to put everything back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts separately. Not to mention with the tune, the powertrain warranty is now in jeopardy which could turn...
  7. nimonery

DAP (Driver Assist Package) Question on ACC and Auto Emergency Braking

Yes if it is pressing the brakes it is turning on the brake lights. It would be highly illegal for it not to. And if there are malfunctions with your brake lights then it disables the whole system. I know this cause my ACC and Front Collision Braking disabled itself and said not available when I...
  8. nimonery

DIY Rear Sway Bar installation (no clunks)

Got my RSB on and wow its amazing how much better it feels around corners now. Crazy how flimsy the stock RSB is. Loaded up with grease so fingers crossed on no noise!
  9. nimonery

Thanks for the insight all. I'm getting my H&R RSB put on this friday along with the Moog endlinks. Not planning to paint them since where I live gets no snow and sparsely rains. Will keep updated. Funny enough I clicked the amazon link for the grease gun that bentin linked only to see my "Last...
  10. nimonery

Bumping this to ask a question. I plan on getting a 25mm H&R RSB. Are upgraded end links necessary? Popular choice seems to be Moog but I realllly don't want any squeaking or need to grease constantly. Seems like Moog endlinks have grease fittings so its expected to grease them every now and...
  11. nimonery

Creaking While Steering

Any easy fixes for this? Or are new strut mounts needed...
  12. nimonery

2017 HID vs 2021 LED differences, according to IIHS. Do you concur?

IHSS has extremely stringent standards for illumination. I think they are perfectly fine. Compared to some old trucks I had these are like night and day (literally).
  13. nimonery

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Secondary air filter was sold separate. Also APR brand. Its a pretty easy zip tie just to the large coolant line running right in front of the intake. Honestly the install was shockingly easy. Not even a single screw had to be undone. The intake is held down with rubber grommets so you...
  14. nimonery

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hope its not too blasphemous to still post here but I suppose it is an EA888 Gen 3 MQB... after almost 2 yrs & 20k miles stock on the A3 starting to get that mod itch again... :oops: APR Open PEX Intake System For VW/Audi 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 MQB
  15. nimonery

Creaking While Steering

Ive been having this same noise/issue on my A3. Suspension is bone stock. Ive brought to dealer, they said the axel needed greasing so they took it off and greased it and put it back. Noise was still there, then they said my front upper control arm bushings were worn and there was a TSB to...
  16. nimonery

Tire shop mounted wrong tires

This seems a little too conspiracy for me. Most likely just the result of incompetence. I went on Tirerack just now and pulled up Continental 225/40's and the DWS06 Extreme Contacts are $165.99/tire while the Purecontact LS are $179.99/tire. Highly unlikely that some random tire shop worker...
  17. nimonery

2019 GTI A/C leak r1234yf

I was having the same issue on my A3. Passenger side suddenly started blowing warm even with AC on max. Brought it in and they determined the evaporator had to be replaced (huge job where the dash and windshield has to come off) but once they got in they realized there was a bad O-ring seal on...
  18. nimonery

Car Prices Increasing... Again!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/volkswagen-says-chip-crisis-won-t-ease-until-second-half-of-2022/ar-AAOvCMv?ocid=uxbndlbing VW themselves are saying at least second half of 2022. So as we all know that is likely a very optimistic outlook to appease the shareholders. Hope nobody is...