GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

This is news, I figured the only thing I would do to this car is a stage 1 tune. What does it mean to FCP the turbo? If I google that I get a company that offers a kit but it looks like a stock turbo.
  2. T

Building a High Fidelity Sound System Build (Attempt)

No tweeters. Dash widebands are set to 800 Hz with a 12 dB slope, doors go up to 1.7 kHz and roll off with the same. I do have to boost 5-12k in the eq to get the high end where it is. I can't hear 16k so so I didn't worry about that. Recording fidelity is a real problem when you work on a...
  3. T

Never heard a final update on this. Did you RTA the setup and then tune it? I grabbed a cheap Dayton Audio iMM6 microphone for $20 on amazon, but it comes with a calibration file so it should be reasonably accurate. Was able to dial in my system very well. Might be the best sounding system...
  4. T

EQ Advice

Does the time alignment also do the sub?
  5. T

Erisin 8111 installation

Yes, their two cables allow the unit to be installed in a non-VW car like any other head unit (or if you want to run external amps). If you connect the quadlock you shouldn't need anything else.
  6. T

Fender Audio Wiring Harness Schematic? - 2019 VW GTI MK7.5

Any tips on getting the pins out of the fender harness? I thought I could get away with making my own tool using a paperclip and just jamming it into the release holes but it doesn't work.
  7. T

Recoding the radio to eliminate Fender amp

Just want to add, I'm doing this now on my 2019 R. When I turned off byte 19 in OBD11 the radio stopped playing. When I shut the car off and opened the driver door the radio stayed on. I had to disconnect the battery to get everything to work correctly. Just FYI.
  8. T

The brackets are just 3/4" plywood that has been primed and painted for water resistance. HT is home theater? I mean, a speaker is a speaker, you just match up the Thiele-Small parameters with the enclosure. A car door can be treated as basically an infinite-baffle setup as far as calculating...
  9. T

No real measurement, just used a phone to set up those 2" in the last car. I had them rolling off at 12 dB/octave starting at 400 Hz. My high frequency hearing got wrecked from a fever as a kid, I start to lose sensitivity around 8k, am down about 3 db at 10 and then it falls off a cliff and I...
  10. T

I'm done with speakers. Everything is much better even staying on the stock amp, just have to fade forward and use more volume. Pulled the passenger seat last night to start work on installing my DSP. Running Dayton Reference speakers, 7" in the doors, 2" up in the pods. Didn't like the...
  11. T

So I finished one pod and wrapped it in alcantara. The shape of my pod makes wrapping it a total bitch, it is impossible to do without a cut line and I didn't think ahead with regards to where the cut line would be. If you make the cut on the bottom of the driver you will never see it, so I...
  12. T

Just those widebands and the stock sub would already sound better than the Fender system based on that response curve. This thing will really sound good when you are done.
  13. T

They used carpet for something up on your dash? You should pull that off and wrap it in alcantara, all the curves are convex, it would be trivial to do and look a lot better.
  14. T

Interesting, you've chosen peanut butter over body filler? Interior should smell amazing.
  15. T

You're killing me. You said how great the signal was from the head unit. :unsure: Take pics of the Zen next to the stock unit for size comparison please. If I need to go that route I'll have to find somewhere to stuff the Zen, my DSP is going in the stock amp location.
  16. T

Yeah, I'm okay with using the head unit output. My dsp will flatten the input from the head and then I can do time alignment and eq'ing on the output side. This car isn't quiet enough to consider putting my reference equipment in, just want something I can enjoy as a daily driver - until...
  17. T

Ok, I just found the pinout for the Fender amp. It definitely doesn't do anything other than provide speaker outputs. So getting the line level signal off the back of the headunit will allow me to remove the stock amp and put my DSP there. I'll go unplug it and make sure my phone still...
  18. T

Right, I get that. I'm going to get the signals the same way you are. My 'crap' statement was when you said that if you remove the stock amp you lose bluetooth and whatnot. I want that space for my dsp. I'll have to look into it. If you use a Zen V you pull the two MOST cables out of the stock...
  19. T

Well crap, that throws a serious wrench in the works. I didn't go the Zen V route because of the ridiculous price. The Zen V has you disconnect the input to the stock amp and put it into the Zen, I just assumed that meant your didn't need the stock amp. Thanks