GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

European Alpine 9" Infotainment...Will it work?

Are you not worried about being able to change any car settings that would normally be found in the stock infotainment? As in: resetting tyre pressure indicator interior lights dimming reverse mirror tilt etc I mean, sure you could set these first and forget about them, but what happens if...
  2. O

Spare wheel bay very damp and mold on rear seat + seatbelts

Do you have a sunroof? My Alltrack had a pool of water in the spare wheel well and turns out it was the Sunroof not draining properly. They had to replace the roof lining as well (luckily under warranty at the time). There should also be a current recall (here in Australia at least) for the...
  3. O

Rapid coolant loss

Looks like it's the water pump. Dealer said they've contacted Volkswagen HQ to see about getting it replaced under warranty (I'm about 4 months out), should hear back in a week or so.
  4. O

VCDS change to CarPlay start up

Strangest thing happened. Same day I said it never switches over to Android Auto from radio function? It decides I can no longer listen to my own radio or media (such as CD or SD Card). Had Android Auto running and switched over to radio, it then switched me straight back to Android, again and...
  5. O

I've used numerous cables, and have used about 3 android phones and they've all done the same thing. I should clarify that if my infotainment unit is already set on Android Auto, plugging my phone in will bring it up, but not if you're in any other function (such as radio). Plugging an iPhone in...
  6. O

It's funny that Android Auto is the complete opposite. I have to switch to the Android Auto screen every time I plug it in, yet Apple CarPlay with my wife's iPhone switches automatically straight away!
  7. O

Rapid coolant loss

Thanks OldVWFan. I have it booked in for Tuesday the 11th with the same dealer. As for getting around in the meantime, would you recommend getting coolant, or can I get away with just topping up with demin water until then? I work 2 jobs daily, so approx 80km (50miles) each day.
  8. O

Rapid coolant loss

The carpets appear to be dry, would that only show after driving, or after it has cooled? While checking the oil cap (no frothing), I did see the pan under the engine is darker in places, I can't tell with this lighting if it is water/coolant or not (I believe it would be though).
  9. O

Rapid coolant loss

Thanks Jovian, I will definitely raise that with them thank you. I will go take a look at that soon, thanks OldVWFan. What do you mean by the floor boards?
  10. O

Rapid coolant loss

Hi everyone, MK7 Golf Alltrack 2016. Got a warning about a month ago with low coolant, so topped up with some demineralised water I had at home. Couple weeks after I get a red warning saying check coolant. Top up again with demin water (can't find Purple VW coolant around, only Red or Green)...