GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Race Gold on the forged wheels, just putting that out there now.
  2. B

U.S. cities with the worst drivers in 2024

Can vouch for ABQ and DFW. All of Texas is just going to get worse with us doing away with inspections. That’s part of why NM is so bad.
  3. B

200tw tires for Track use

I’ve had trouble with Bridgestone rebates too. I tend to ignore them. I also don’t think 71 RS are nearly as durable as the Hankook or Conti.
  4. B

It’s warm enough I need to get my Apex back on the R.
  5. B

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Still remote, office is 200 miles away, wife works for a London firm now. We spend way too much time together, even though we have two offices in our place. I need to get back into mid week bike rides just to make myself scarce.
  6. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Pro Tracks are cast, right? I haven’t seen a flow formed, much less forged option.
  7. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Why do you want that much offset? Going to 35-40 will get them closer to flush.
  8. B

Dogs

Supermutt sounds so much cooler than Other.
  9. B

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

I see they’re using the OE two left rotors like my Mk8 R. Interesting that they’re listed as 358x30, I suppose that’s a different application since Mk8R size is 357x34. But still the same hat design and directional setup, pity it’s only correct on one side. I’ll be switching to GiroDisc before...
  10. B

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

They do come closer to the stock 25.5” 19” diameter. I’ve debated the switch too, since the 255/40-17 RS4 are a half inch undersized.
  11. B

Dogs

Kudos to your shelter for getting her that healthy. Many wouldn’t have made that effort. And of course, kudos to you for continuing her story.
  12. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

No, they look 100% identical to VS-5RS, not sorta like those BBS. Apex offers an 18 x 8.5 ET40 VS-5RS, albeit not in 5x112 drilling. I’d take a bet that if you compared those to what you had, they’ll measure out exactly the same. I’m not sure whose actual rights hold that design, it could be...
  13. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Every pocket and window looks identical to mine. I’m not a lawyer, but I’d imagine some might not see the humor in this.
  14. B

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Wait, those aren’t Apex? I have to suspect they’re made on the same production line (with no changes.)
  15. B

I suspect I know the answer to this, but 17x9 VS-5RS and the 034 375x34 rotors with stock Mk8 two piston floaters, that’s a no, right? Now that GiroDisc lists a stock 357x34 option, I’m likely good without any 034 parts.
  16. B

What is the most stealth hitch?

People are funny. Not dissimilar to folks worrying about carbon fiber hoods or hatches.
  17. B

Tire Reccomendations

All true, but I really only drive on snow in well groomed situations and use the spousal Volvo on M&S rated tires for days that it might be icy.
  18. B

Tire Reccomendations

I don’t it’s fair to say that All Seasons have stiffer sidewalls, as Conti DSW06 sure don’t, but yes, AS4 are stiffer and noisier than PS4S. That and the smidge better snow capability of the Conti is why I’ll likely do them over another set of AS4, plus I’ll likely throw them on my stupid...
  19. B

Tire Reccomendations

I had AS4 on my old GTI and a friend had PS4S on his. If you really think it’s a marginal difference, I guess you have large margins. Are the AS4 great tires, yes. Are they comparable to summer tires in terms of putting power down or cornering, no. They’re awesome all rounders, if that’s what...
  20. B

Tire Reccomendations

You can track AS4 for about fifteen minutes. Even PS4S aren’t great at track work. And AS4 with even a Stage 1 tune will be overwhelmed. They’re fine for a stock, gingerly driven GTI, but if you’re on this forum, that’s likely not you. Having said that, I will likely run AS4 or DSW06 as my...