GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. AmalgamGTI

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Haha. I suppose you could look at it that way. But with Instagram, comments on posts wouldn’t flood my feed. Twitter wouldn’t be a terrible choice either.
  2. AmalgamGTI

Is there another form of communication that you guys could use to get news and announcements out to customers in a timely way? An email newsletter or prioritizing another social media platform (like Instagram) for news and announcements? I keep an eye out for Ed Susman posts on the fb group, but...
  3. AmalgamGTI

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Ed said in the FB group that the batch updating process is unable to change the notes of the file. My file still said 2.00, but it's definitely the 2.51 updated file.
  4. AmalgamGTI

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

My 2017 DSG is on the 2.51 map. With previous versions, the jerkiness of on-off throttle at low speeds was awful. Passengers thought I was driving like a maniac. I got used to it and it happened less frequently, but it would still catch me off guard at least once a day, and it'd would be a...
  5. AmalgamGTI

Beginner’s Guide / Tips for Buying a Street-Based Suspension

Has anybody noticed a change in braking performance, such as brake dive, after going with an aftermarket spring and damper combo? Strictly speaking, in daily driving conditions.
  6. AmalgamGTI

Downpipe install cost?

I was quoted $270 locally and agree with others that you should DIY.
  7. AmalgamGTI

Intercooler performance

Has anybody gotten and installed the IE v2 intercooler? The last related post I saw was that EQT was receiving one to test a few months ago, but I haven't seen anybody else get one.
  8. AmalgamGTI

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Wow! I'm waiting on Apex wheels before upgrading my calipers, but this looks great. GLWS.
  9. AmalgamGTI

I think remember seeing on the fb group that there are so many variations of the IS38 (such as OEM, OEM+, hybrids) that Ed will not offer a base tune. There's nothing stopping someone from cheaping out and buying a base tune intended for an OEM/OEM+ IS38 and using it on an IS38 hybrid. If you're...
  10. AmalgamGTI

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Big fan of your products. Happy to see you entering the VW scene. There's a severe lack of 17" performance-oriented wheels for the Mk7 cars.
  11. AmalgamGTI

Intercooler performance

Is there any info out yet on this intercooler? I think I've seen someone else mention a updated version, but I can't find anything on it.
  12. AmalgamGTI

APR vs EQT

Not sure. Can't honestly say that I've been in that situation. lol
  13. AmalgamGTI

APR vs EQT

I like it, because when I'm driving it casually, I'm in D mode, and I want it to kick down and upshift on its own as EQT intends it to, but if I'm driving not-so-casually, then I want to control what gear I'm in, so I'll be in M mode, and I don't want it to interfere with gear selection.
  14. AmalgamGTI

Intercooler performance

I recently went back and forth between these two. APR hate aside, the castings on the APR's intercooler look a lot cleaner. I looked at a lot of for sale ads for photos of used IE intercoolers after someone said EQT Tuning was unimpressed with IE intercoolers and found that to be fairly obvious...
  15. AmalgamGTI

Talk me into (or out of) a DSG tune...

Also on EQT DSG tune. I like it more than the ECU tune, because it improves drivability in D that much. EDIT for clarification: This is not putting down the ECU tune, because the stage 1 tune is NUTS. I just really enjoy the shifting behavior of the DSG tune.
  16. AmalgamGTI

DSG Shifter Cap Replacements - OEM+ look for cheap

Thanks! Good to know! Maybe I'll get all 3 caps in matte silver and then figure out a higher quality solution for the side inserts. They look like they're held on by 3 tabs.
  17. AmalgamGTI

DSG Shifter Cap Replacements - OEM+ look for cheap

This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the great guide and pictures. How has the plastic and leather held up over the year? The fitment looks really good, even where they wrapped the leather over the edges and corners on the center cap.
  18. AmalgamGTI

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

@GTI Jake Have you considered adding to your OEM fitment products for the stock exhaust? Something like this: Midpipe section 1 with 17950 and 3" inlet (for aftermarket downpipes) and outlet (exhaust sleeve clamp) Midpipe section 2 with Vibrant 1107 or 1127 and 3" inlet and outlet (3"-to-OEM...
  19. AmalgamGTI

VCDS - 4 brake lights - Both signals?

Also, something to note. It looks like you copied the settings for the outer tails directly to the inner tails, but I followed a different set of changes: Description Module Channel Original New Left Inner Tail light functions as runner/brake/ signal 09 - Central Electronics 8 leuchte23sl...
  20. AmalgamGTI

VCDS - 4 brake lights - Both signals?

That's unfortunate. I saw some discussion about changing "(2) Driving light and parking light -schluss mit bremslichtfunktion" from not active to active, but it apparently only works for some people. I'll give that a shot eventually. I think I read your whole thread on the ROW outer tails...