GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Dealer Scam?

Dropped off my 2019 GTI for the TPS recall and to see if the coolant loss was something they would address. So I get a new service invoice sent to me via text, after their complimentary inspection. Tires I knew about, no thanks, and no the now nearly bald PS4s show no sign of abnormal wear...
  2. S

2019 CELs?

Car started by dead spotting on accel, like it was shutting itself off. Stalled upon starting. I have a VCDS. Here are the codes. Engine Status Malfunction 010. Mil codes P0068 MAP/MAF Throttle position correlation , P1158 MAP implausible signal, P2279 Leak in air intake, P0106 MAP Bar sensor...
  3. S

Performance monitor temp gauges not coming on

My 2019 GTI is starting to not display the oil and water temps. Gauges just have --- on them. Started with the oil temp, now water temp also. Cycling through the PM menus brings them back to working. Anybody else had this or had this fixed?
  4. S

Hot country is cool in my MK7.5

I always thought my AC was weak sauce. Dug around and found VCDS instructions for the Hot Country settings on the MK7. It was not exactly the same, but I usually find I can bumble around and find the settings to change. What a difference, it blows cold air quickly and colder air to boot. With...
  5. S

Rear main leak?

Did an inspection on my 2 month old GTI 6MT. Took some photos of an oil leak. It looks to me like a rear main seal leak. Oil was a high as the starter, most of the leak was concentrated on the transmission mount arm. I cleaned it up and will see where it goes from here. Feels and smells like...
  6. S

2019 SE with Fender audio- start up display screen is random

Sometimes it goes back to what it was when the car was turned off. Sometimes Waze. Sometimes the CarPlay menu. Even in the Performance Monitor screen, the individual guages can change from my default choices. What controls it? Assume a lot has to do what Apple thinks I want. Man I hate that...
  7. S

Red car stick diagram warning light??

Had an odd warning symbol pop up. Just washed the car. It was in the center section of the dash. A red stick diagram of a car with radar like symbols all round. Just popped on for 5 seconds or so then went off. I searched around and did not see that symbol described. It’s a 2019 SE, so no ACC or...
  8. S

New GTI, getting the high beam flash from other drivers

Anybody else getting this response from the OEM LED lights. I drove about 60 miles last night on a two lane road and had about 10 vehicles flash their lights at me. Based on how they illuminate the road, they don’t appear to be out of adjustment. Thought it may have been the fog lights, tried...