GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. morricus

FS: 2019 GTI S w/DSG 38k miles, $22500

I'm the original owner, been a great car. Just had it detailed, won't be driving it at all, will stay clean and safe in garage. GIAC Stage 2 tune GIAC Stage 2 DSG tune ECS Intercooler Ultimate Racing catless downpipe Neuspeed RSE11 18x9 wheels Neuspeed Two piece rotors (Just installed, new)...
  2. morricus

Ultimate racing downpipe catted, double resonator?

I have the catless Ultimate Racing DP, with the optional resonator. I kept the stock resonator and cut off that stupid dual exhaust muffler and just welded a straight piece of pipe to it. So all I have is the two resonators. I don't think it drones at all, but my tolerance for drone might be...
  3. morricus

Racingline Stud Conversion Kit

I had this kit for a while, they definitely look good. But be careful if you frequently remove your tires for track purposes ect. The lugs are lightweight aluminum and disintegrated very quickly after frequent removal. Not trying to rain on your parade, just saying. They are awesome for...
  4. morricus

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

I have a 2019 S, bare bones. At 1000 miles, changed oil to 0w40 Triax, threw GIAC Stage 1 tune, went to track. A few thousand miles later, threw Stage 2 on and added oil cooler. Kept changing oil every 5k miles with Triax. At about 20k miles, joined a private track, started using Mobil 1...
  5. morricus

Brake cooling ducts: Any interest?

I'll bet money its all the rotors. I'd make sure you can get a set that has replacement rings readily available, like Nuespeed. ECS has a two-piece, but they're most likely chinese-made crap with questionable metallurgy, and I've never seem them advertise replacement rings.
  6. morricus

Brake cooling ducts: Any interest?

What is the part # for the TCR ducts? Also, I would spend money on quality two piece rotors before a cooling kit. The stock single piece rotors are fine for street use, but absolutely suck on track. They cannot dissapate heat for shit. I track my car every weekend, with stock calipers, very...
  7. morricus

What's the final word on the Dogbone mount

I was just about to type how I thought replacing the arm is pointless....then actually looked up what this RocEuro arm is. And immediately bought it, exactly what I think I've been looking for. The power of the forum knows no bounds.
  8. morricus

What's the final word on the Dogbone mount

When Unitronic? Any info you can steer me to?
  9. morricus

Cracked my oil pan!

If I recall, the baffle is held on by like one screw. Then just pull it off.
  10. morricus

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

agreed. And the technology employed in the construction of a modern reactor is vastly superior (safer, more efficient) than what was used in the reactors online now that were built in the 60's and 70's. Its a shame we aren't reevaluating use of Nuclear.
  11. morricus

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

"LGBLT are 1-2% of the population, but annoy 100% of everyone." This should be made into a shirt. I'd wear it.
  12. morricus

EPC issue/ New pistons - advice needed please

Isn't 120 a bit low? Wear limit is 101 or something, but would expect this to be closer to 150? I'm pulling this out of my arse though, perhaps this is normal.
  13. morricus

Banging out tstat, should I do injectors while in there?

Fucks sake. Appreciate the insight. I only have 27000 miles on this car, around 1500 of which are track miles. Looks like I'll be buying injectors this week.
  14. morricus

Banging out tstat, should I do injectors while in there?

I have a 2019 that I track on average about once a week, I run fuel injector cleaner with PEA every 3000 miles. You seem to know what you're talking about, do you think keeping my injectors so active by so much track time and keeping them reasonably clean will increase their life? Or would you...
  15. morricus

EPC issue/ New pistons - advice needed please

Agreed. I'm assuming its a tuning thing, but regardless, its making me a nervous nelly. I track my car once a week, so I have a bit of extra concern. I change the plugs every 10k miles, but perhaps I need to do more frequently. I could give a shit about spending the $50 and thirty minutes of...
  16. morricus

Upcoming inspection, emissions worries.

^^^ Ha! Nice. No, its not bad at all. Ultimate Racing has an add on resonator option when purchasing their downpipe. That add on resonator and stock resonator together make the noise completely reasonable to me, but I suppose some would find issue. I cannot stand how quiet it was with the...
  17. morricus

Upcoming inspection, emissions worries.

I've passed inspection in Texas for two years now. No cat, no muffler, clearly modified..no one cares. If you're in garbage Travis county, they might do a closer inspection. I'm in Hays, have had zero issue.
  18. morricus

Axle loose?

Is it making the hella clunking while driving, or did you just reach up and move it and notice it clunks if you move it back and forth....