GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

so per EQT on turning off the auto upshift in manual mode: "Turning off auto upshift doesn't mean the limiters are disabled. Limiters are never disabled. If you hit the limiter and it bounces off fuel and throttle are cut. So no worries there if anyone else had the same question. EQT as with...
  2. M

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Appreciate the feedback on the plugs. My last EQT tuned car was an A3 quattro. I did change the plugs on that one but I was over 25K miles at the time of tuning. With this GLI being almost brand new I figured I would run the stock plugs a bit before swapping. Like you I figured this would...
  3. M

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I have been digging through this thread but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I had a stage 1 OTS along with EQT's TCU tune on my previous car. I recently got a 2020 GLI and am looking to get the same for it. My question is if I opt for no auto upshift in manual mode which I did...
  4. M

seatbelt warning going off mid drive...

Southpawboston , the dealer did confirm a loose harness connection which they resolved for me under warranty at no charge. It was a quick easy fix. Bring it in and out it to bed.
  5. M

Unitronic TIP compatibility

That makes two of us. The only things I couldn’t salvage was my dp and my intercooler. I will def get a TCU tune. Had it on all my cars. Makes a world of difference. My GTI before the last one was 5150 tuned and I e used the AP on some previous BMWs I’ve had so I like the platform. Looking...
  6. M

Perfect. Glad to hear. I knew it was essentially the same motor and turbo. It just looked slightly different, like the OEM TIP was at a different angle or there was more room in the area than the GTI. Might have hit my head in the wreck, who knows. Lol. I'll throw it on this weekend along...
  7. M

So I had the misfortune of wrecking my 2019 GTI after wrapping up all my mods. It ended up being a total loss. Since I needed a car ASAP and the mk8 isn’t out yet I settled on a 2020 Audi A3 quattro sline with the final edition package. Essentially an AWD GTI w/ S3 sport sears, steering wheel...
  8. M

From Unitronic Stage 2 to EQT Stage 2 Base Map -- Yay or Nay?

Gotcha. I remember asking Unitronic and they said the 93 tune was optimized for stock plugs
  9. M

From Unitronic Stage 2 to EQT Stage 2 Base Map -- Yay or Nay?

I had the displeasure of wrecking my 2019 GTI two weeks ago. it Was a total loss and was Uni stage 2 ECU/TCU. Eyeing a replacement car but thinking I’ll go EQT this time. Does the EQT stage 1 tune for 93 octane require colder plugs as well or just the stage 2?
  10. M

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

Your sig has Dragy times posted. I don‘t own one, but if you do why not make the change in your coding and measure your times as you suggested? For me the drivability around town improved vastly on the bottom end of the powerband. I’m good with it.
  11. M

i tried pulls with ESC on and off to compare with runs prior to the changes and the car feels night and day. Worst case make the changes try it out if it doesn’t work for you change it back
  12. M

I test drove after deactivating rough road and did a hard pull from about 5mph. Tires broke loose with a good solid spin and no wheel hop. I controlled the launch with the throttle. This was on a vacant road not at a track so I don’t have times to support the change, however this is my DD with...
  13. M

I can confirm a noted difference deactivating rough road on my 19. Ars pulls hard from a dig with no noted power cut. The combo of this and ESC off transformed my car. Prior it was a stage 2 cutting power and engaging TC in sport and drive. It felt like mods were a complete waste.
  14. M

ECS off / starting vibration reduction defeat on MK7.5 GTI

Worked as described. Thanks Reggie! Thanks again for the assist.
  15. M

Good shit Reggie! Gonna give it try this weekend. Appreciate the feedback. Anything is better at this point as it’s frustrating feeling like I spent the money to go stage 2 and whenever I go WOT the car just pulls my added power. Thanks
  16. M

Guys, I've been digging and I cannot find the adaption options and proper long coding to address ECS, and starting vibration in VCDS. I have the latest Version of Rosstech and a new Hex cable. When I look for the the long coding options to turn off ECS, Byte 29 has a value of 89 rather than...
  17. M

P050A00 Fault

Same issue here, I‘ve got vagcom And had this fault twice. I’m not tuned yet. I have had brief rough idle on cold start. Once it threw a CEL and stalled. I printed out my vagcom log and stupidly cleared the code. The error has shown up since but I’ve never stalled again and have never gotten...
  18. M

JB4 operation

I will confirm with George but i did see a JB4 online for application with the 1.4t.
  19. M

JB4 operation

Thanks for the feedback all. The Jetta will be a third vehicle driven as a commuter and by my daughter. I just want to ensure I don't fudge the 48mo. warranty left on the car with a flash tune. Just wanted to make sure the jb4 would influence boost throughout the powerband and not just engage...