GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. scrllock

IE 7.5 Flex Tune; Who’s running it?

what are you curious about then?
  2. scrllock

IE 7.5 Flex Tune; Who’s running it?

on e85 with just an HPFP you end up with less power than e50. not an issue with an uncorked fuel system, but that's not what IE supports.
  3. scrllock

MK7 Confessions

what the fuck
  4. scrllock

MK7 GTI AWD Conversion

most they're allowed to do is put a 4motion badge on the hatch
  5. scrllock

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

which 6 pot RS calipers? The 8 pot TTRS/RS3 calipers bolt up to our knuckles as long as you use TTRS 370x34mm rotor, which is thicker than the 8J 370x32mm rotor and has a slightly different offset than the RS3 rotor. weather stripping is very cheap, i'd just replace it.
  6. scrllock

What order would you do this in?

yeahhhhh, get some aftermarket endlinks lol. dealing with that allen socket nonsense on michigan cars is something I'm never doing again.
  7. scrllock

what's the issue with the endlinks? I've never touched the OEM ones, they came off as soon as the car had aftermarket suspension/swaybars.
  8. scrllock

press subframe bushings out and in.
  9. scrllock

I don't see the point in doing the 2x4 method if you're doing all that. Control arms are coming out, might as well loosen/replace one more bolt and avoid the jank. I would suggest a subframe mount tool, I'm sure there's a VW one on snapon, but I used this...
  10. scrllock

Indium Gray Metallic Money Pit Mk7.5R

Been delayed a bit, but the coolant leak is good. Started gutting the rear end in prep for the autopower rollbar: The planted brackets/sidemounts/sparco seats aren't a 100% fit out of the box, gotta figure that out. Either way, car is getting dropped off at the shop for rollbar/harness...
  11. scrllock

In process: Alibaba GTI build

absolutely! whether your cams, etc. fit is another question.
  12. scrllock

ECU Logging Capability

the ECU absolutely knows the DI pulse width it's commanding. no clue what VCDS calls it, simos tools logs it as "Inj PW DI."
  13. scrllock

not sure, i've only spoken to him on facebook.
  14. scrllock

no, different guy. arnold lee is pag parts up in NY, he also builds motors. I wouldn't hesitate to use him, either.
  15. scrllock

yes, steven @ 8bit (RIP) recommended him and I know another guy who has one of his motors and is happy with it.
  16. scrllock

most machine shops can do it, but they tend not to be big on internet advertising. I found a local shop that VW people like, I wouldn't bother sending stuff cross-country to wait 6-24 months on a big brand builder. on the east coast I know people like Ivan Bimbolov, but I think he's up in jersey.
  17. scrllock

ECU Logging Capability

Any memory address in the ECU can be logged, but DI pulse width is a mode 22 address and one of the default logging params.
  18. scrllock

Simos Tools Tuners

What's a tuning platform to the end-user besides logging and flashing? :unsure: Using https://russellroadracing.co.uk/collections/simos-tools and he's great.
  19. scrllock

Coilover dilemma

the LCAs are poly, and the mounts are rubber but they're 034 rubber, so there's a chance they're already shot.
  20. scrllock

Coilover dilemma

Go back to rubber LCA bushings, stock top mounts (maybe eurosport pucks), and consider ditching the front strut brace (I didn't notice anything but extra noise with mine). Harshness is how the suspension is attached to the chassis, not how finely-tuned the dampers are. I think you would be...