GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

IS38 Latest Revision Question

Uh oh ? it is what it is, the turbo is on now
  2. K

At the time I ordered it there weren’t really any cheap upgrades. I got my IHI from ECS tuning for about $1100usd but once it got to Canada it was $1900cad. Here’s hoping it doesn’t bite me in the a**
  3. K

Still no issues? My H revision is going on today
  4. K

Shifting Manual Transmission

I’ve had the same issue with my Golf since I got it new in 2017. It usually goes away once warmed up but rev hang is definitely annoying
  5. K

Pops and Bangs tune for 1.8T?

I wish I did, going to be getting a Unitronic tune because I’m making less power on stage 2 then the company made on a Stage 1 Golf. The pops are weak too, got better backfires from the JB4/WMI combo and I mean way better.
  6. K

Finally found a company that can do it!! Park Auto Motorsports has a crackle tune for the 1.8TSI and I pick my car up today at noon ? Luckily enough they’re only an hour away from my house too. Can’t wait to pick it up
  7. K

What did you do to your mk7 today?

VCDS mods, added ESC sport and the off-road screen. Also turned off the steering vibration reduction and what a difference.
  8. K

I’m down, just don’t have any video yet. It’s a car forum after all.
  9. K

Banging in a wagon has always been a favourite of mine
  10. K

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Only the best thing since sliced bread Methanol is an alcohol that’s very cold when it evaporates. The water meth system is a mix of the two, usually 50/50 and it acts like a chemical intercooler. There are cars that run purely on meth instead of gasoline but the water meth system is used in...
  11. K

I was surprised Unitronic beat them to it too, hopefully the get it going on their Stage 2 tune
  12. K

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Jb4 is the best option for a piggy back. Get their water meth kit too and thank me later
  13. K

At least we both agree on that then ?
  14. K

More like fun and anti lag. I bet you like dsg farts
  15. K

This is awesome news. All the more reason for an IS38 now
  16. K

Winter Tire Thread

I’m running a 215/70/15 winter on the stock 15x7 et42 wheels with no rub
  17. K

More boost in a hot climate

Do meth, I’m really happy with the WMI kit from burgertuning
  18. K

Suggestions for best way to mod a 1.8T SEL golf for under $2,000

I’d just do a JB4 and tires, add meth and a downpipe if the budget allows. If you don’t want to mess with the Jb4 get a tune and a DP. Traction is a huge issue I find once you add any power
  19. K

I’m with you Pat I want a pops and bangs tune too, the JB4 with meth just ain’t cutting it. I called APR last week and was told that they plan to make it active on any vehicle they can. The guy on the phone sounded positive at least but no beta yet for the 1.8tsi