GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. wizmk7gti

ABS module went bad

Heard of Honda Accords having issues. Costs about the same too. Friend waiting 3 months for part.
  2. wizmk7gti

Modded parts for sale/Greenville SC

Very nice, I'm jelly! Been longing for a rear drive ever since I drove an M2 at BMW's track.
  3. wizmk7gti

Modded parts for sale/Greenville SC

Why you selling, what are you getting?
  4. wizmk7gti

Typical Interstate Speeds

I also find that if you stay out of the left lane you mostly avoid scrutiny. Unless you're all alone.
  5. wizmk7gti

Typical Interstate Speeds

Grew up on Long Island. Drivers always fill any gap and drive as fast as they can. Or slightly faster. Up state on NY thru- way people tended to stay right except to pass. Living in S.C. now for 27 years ,drivers ten d to view the left lane as the " Express Lane" meaning "I don't want to...
  6. wizmk7gti

How long did your factory clutch last

At 72k , last 6k apr stage1. So far so good. No holeshots!
  7. wizmk7gti

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

The wife. Daughter drives the beetle. Wife loves the Jetta. 1.4 is impressive. I've actually hit higher speeds in it than the Gti. Softer ride, speed sneaks up on you.
  8. wizmk7gti

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

Shorty, that you on 385 w/ the firetruck? I like your ride!
  9. wizmk7gti

Any Regrets after Tuning MK7 GTI?

Just got Apr stage 1 in April. Only 4k miles with the tune. 66k before tune. Clutch isn't slipping yet.....! Sorry I waited so long. GTI was fun before but.....I'm still giggling every time I drive it!
  10. wizmk7gti

Any Regrets after Tuning MK7 GTI?

I did APR stage 1 93 low torque in April. My only regret was waiting so long!
  11. wizmk7gti

Lack of audio?

Still having same problem at 70k. Had dash unit replaced but intermittent problem continues, oh well!
  12. wizmk7gti

What is the obsession with warranties?

I bought mine intending to go stage 1 after about 12k. Figuring any bugs should show up by then. But not wanting to void the warranty messed up my time table. The only things that failed were my a/c condenser, out of warranty by 3k miles and my audio which was replaced but not repaired. Got...
  13. wizmk7gti

Winter wheel / Tirerack.com / hub rings

I had issues with the plastic rings. Got Amazon aluminum solved the problem. Also good to torque in 3 stages with tires in the air. Have same wheels and tires in 18 by the way.
  14. wizmk7gti

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I have close to 20k on mine and they're about 50%. I don't do burn outside, but do drive briskly on country roads.
  15. wizmk7gti

Slight vibration at higher speeds

I have wheels with centering rings as well as stock without. When I had an oil change the shop rotated my tires. Had vibration as soon as I hit 70. Got home. Was thinking they left out a centering ring. But they were all in. I torqued each wheel to 88lb/ft. In 3 steps, while on the jack. No...
  16. wizmk7gti

Hub Centric Ring Fitment

I had the plastic tire rack ones, and the vibrations. Bought 2 different sets of aluminum ones on ebay. Both work fine. I also make a point of tightening the bolts in 3 stages while jacked up.
  17. wizmk7gti

Wheel and tires!!!

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. Excellent summer tire. Very good value. Can use all year in Ca.
  18. wizmk7gti

Scion TC

Tc's were available with a dealer installed super charger!!
  19. wizmk7gti

How many unscheduled repairs during your first 100k?

67k ,condenser went just out of warranty. Have an intermittent audio issue. 2dr.6spd. No sunroof issues, a little wind noise that I'll negate with gummi pfledge. Not loosing antifreeze nor using oil. Love this car.