GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Dab+ retrofitting, 2015 R. Info needed

Are there any details on how to get the cable to the trunk lid through that boot connector?
  2. B

Dab+ retrofitting, 2015 R. Info needed

Hi @Chillout , I am little bit confused by which fakra cable to buy as all of them are single. Does it need to be dissasembled and plugged in that two pole fakra connector?
  3. B

Door card trim name or PR code

Hi guys, Does anybody knows what is the color name of this trim in the picture or even better a PR code? I had retrofitted door card ambilight and now I am looking for dashboard trim which corresponds to this color scheme.
  4. B

Adding subwoofer to basic sound system

@mr-fix how are you pleased with the result? Intersted to do it on my Golf mk7. I have done similiar but OEM retrofit on my wife's A3 8V with 8v0 035 382 d and to be honest was expecting more, it seems like it has a frequency gap around 60-70Hz. Really missing bass control on mib2 like it was...
  5. B

Trailing arm upgrade

That is out of my budget and for sure would see NVH increase. Ok, thank you. I already have CSS front A-arm bushings and rear CSS arm and there was NVH increase. So to narrow down little bit options, I would say poly bushing and OE option are the main contenders. Hope someone can share...
  6. B

Trailing arm upgrade

When you say no noticeable are you saying no NVH increase or there is some small increase? How would you rate performance increase of poly bushing? On OE option, yeah, I have not found anything internet, weird, not sure how no one tried it before.
  7. B

Trailing arm upgrade

Hi all, I am looking for a trailing arm upgrade. As far I have seen people see quite positive responses in that upgrade, especially on turn in. As far I see there are three options and would appreciate some feedback from people who has done those retrofits. Ball joint options. For me this is...
  8. B

Steering knuckle

In the end I have done the option 2. So 55mm alu knuckle from gti/gtd golf 7 and first bilstein b4 and then year later bilstein b8 comfort. If I would do it today I would go with golf 8 knuckle because with bearing you could get them for 200 euros on ebay or even better golf r which apparently...
  9. B

Audi aluminum subframe on Mk7 Gti

Yes, it works, I have it. It is also used on Passat B8
  10. B

Rear Suspension Noise

Do you have some evidence on this? Because that rear-end clunk which on motortalk.de has 192 pages of discussion where the people have tried from end link, shocks (b6 green, yellow or B4s) is driving me crazy. Yesterday I changed end links but the clunk is still there. Next thing I was planning...
  11. B

Audi TT OEM Short Shifter and 42 Draft Design Bushes fitted to Golf MK7 GTD 6MT MQ350

Ok, I have found out the differences between those two parts. 8J0 711 046 E = MQ 350 Audi TT mk2 part, shortening stated as above 5Q0 711 046 N = MQ 350 Audi TT mk3 part, less shortening than part from mk2 and from german forums some people even say that it is hardly noticeable In conclusion...
  12. B

How to modify & improve the gearshift for a MQ250 gearbox on a MK7 Golf

Hi @golfdave, Sorry for hijacking the thread with MQ350 questions but the thread for MQ350 is quite dead. I have a couple of questions for short shift options but with OEM only parts: Gearstick bush: How hard was the OEM bush for you, I have just tried mine and it feels like really hard rubber...
  13. B

Audi TT OEM Short Shifter and 42 Draft Design Bushes fitted to Golf MK7 GTD 6MT MQ350

Hi, rising the old thred from the dead but isn't the 8J0 711 046E for MQ250 gearbox? Per etka as far I can see for MQ350 part number is 5Q0 711 046 N?
  14. B

DIY: OEM Lighting Package (AFS Bi-xenon) Retrofit

@George Ab how did you in the end enter the pins to SC 36 & 37 in fuse box? I am also stuck on this step
  15. B

How to add a fuse to the cabin fuse box in a couple of minutes

Hi, I am doing xenon retrofit and I need to put new wires on SC 36 & 37. I have tried it and it won't go in, it seems that on those positions is a secondary look. How I can remove the secondary lock to insert those wires?
  16. B

Upgrading stock shocks/struts to Bilsteins B4 shocks/struts or VWR, is it worth it?

No, it won't lower it more. From other comments, it also seems that B8 has the same rebound and compression characteristics as B6s.
  17. B

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Rivet arrived (pics below) and it is what it needs to be. A retrofit will be in a month or month and a half so don't hold your breath. @golfdave sry for hogging your thread
  18. B

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

@Faceman Where did you see that 5Q0 505 311 E is used in Arteon ? Because when I look at the catalogue i get this on picture below
  19. B

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Yes, you would think so but it is not the case :) I know it is fitted to alu subframe and I think I mentioned to you that I will do alu subframe retrofit, I have obtained it and it is waiting that rest of the parts arrive. But before I do the retrofit I plan to do an analysis on how it can fit...