GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTIfan99

Suffolk OBD 11 battery programming help

Anyone in Suffolk Zip 23434 could help my son out? He's got a GTI and needs to do the obd11 setup for new battery.
  2. GTIfan99

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

The below was shared with the permission of his ex wife Lisa. I let her and his family know how missed he'll be in our little VW community here and how beloved he was. Pour one out for our homie @jimlloyd40 "Never thought I would have to write an eulogy & figured I better start before Jim...
  3. GTIfan99

The Official Mayo Containment Thread

After being disappointed that there is not an actual Mayo Forum, I've started this thread for all things Mayo.
  4. GTIfan99

Electric Hot Hatch

Thoughts? Doesn't look bad. AWD 329 hp. https://www.motor1.com/news/508470/volkswagen-idx-concept-reveal/
  5. GTIfan99

Lets do a Jetta TDI Cup racing series in iracing.

Who wants to do a spec racing series? What night is best? What tracks do you want to run?
  6. GTIfan99

17 x 7.5 Konig Runlites black with new tires

As title says 17 x 7.5 Konig Runlites black with new tires. Tires are 225/45 17 Falken FK510's. Wheels were used for autocross for 2 seasons with 245 200tw tires with no issues, no spacers needed for PP brakes, will not fit BBK without spacers. $650 and I'm in the Jacksonville, FL area. Will...
  7. GTIfan99

Anyone had windshield replaced on mk7.5 GTI with rainsensor and the crash avoidance options?

Dealer is saying it will take 5 hours and cost $750 to re-calibrate the car, requiring all sensors to be recalibrated and an alignment done. I thought the windshield with the one round spot was just the rain sensor and the crash avoidance sensors were behind the VW emblem. Anyone know if this...
  8. GTIfan99

Antigravity 20 CEL 600 CCA Lithiun Ion Battery

I'm getting ready to install and have everything prepped to go. I'm give the parts I used and I'll add some pics tomorrow. I'll update with install pics and instruction. Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of why AGM is better, the cost etc... This is not a cheap way to replace...
  9. GTIfan99

Anyone know how to turn off the speed safety infotainment restrictions in a mk7.5 base stereo

As title says. It's annoying that I can't adjust treble, mids and bass while driving.
  10. GTIfan99

cheap alternative - gt3 ducts

Don't use these. While we don't know if they are better or worse at cooling with data, I can tell you that they constantly contact speed bumps and debris, break and get misaligned. It just isn't worth it. Stick to the RS3 deflectors.
  11. GTIfan99

Base mk7.5 system with JL C1 650 and JBL GTO 629

I was looking to do an inexpensive, easy upgrade to the factory base system and didn't want to add a lot of weight. I decided to start with speakers and decide if I needed more. I did the woofers and tweeters in front first, huge difference, but the rears were still awful, which meant I had...
  12. GTIfan99

Review of APR roll control springs

After a few weeks, and after getting over the initial disappointment with the springs lowering the car more than advertised, I'd like to offer a review. My goal for this car is replicating the spirit of the CSS with my 2019 Rabbit GTI, thus why I wanted less than an inch drop and nothing too...
  13. GTIfan99

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

For some reason it's harder to get all the air out of the system with these calipers. Bleed the system LF, RF, LR, RR, then do multiple ABS stops. Give it a day or two, then do a 30 psi bleed LF, RF, LR, RR. If you bleed correctly, they are rock solid. If you aren't going to use Castrol Red...
  14. GTIfan99

Planning on 245/40 17 Hankook RS4. Better options???

Planning on 245/40 17 Hankook RS4. Better options for tracking??? My goal is ease of fitment, low cost, good wear. 245/40 17 is one of the cheaper sizes in the 200tw world. They'll be on a 17 x 7.5 because that's the size wheel I have and I don't want to buy new ones because my wife will not...