GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Scanner

1.8L TSI IE Tuned Auto

I'm from Canada too. Whitby, ON. I have a 2018 TSI 1.8 with the auto 09g and a bunch of mods for track day / daily use balance with Unitronic IS20. I agree the auto-trans sucks at lower rpms with the early upshifts of D, especially with a bit more turbo lag of the IS20 compared to the default...
  2. Scanner

front sway bars

In the Summer, I installed the Front SB 29 mm a couple of weeks after the Rear SB 25 mm (Eibach kit). I was happy with the noticeable further improvement in handling/steering after installing the Front. I recommend both especially if you go to a few track days per year. Of course, stiffer, and...
  3. Scanner

Golf 1.8T General Consensus on 09G transmission

If no need for extra power and the matter is "noticed hers is a little more hesitant when pressing the pedal", you could try a nice and cheaper 5-min install pedal tuner from e.g. BMS https://burgertuning.com/products/bms-pedal-tuner
  4. Scanner

What Mods Should I Do Next???

I live in the GTA, ON. I do track days/lapping at TMS in Cayuga, southern ON. It is worth a long drive. https://torontomotorsportspark.com/ To stay on the topic, I've recently installed, and I think you will like a BMS pedal tuner to control the throttle response. Very easy to install (less than...
  5. Scanner

TSI 1.8 Unitronic IS20 A/T 09G - BMS Pedal Tuner

Exactly. I know the VW delay in throttle response benefits fuel consumption, so I turned it off for a while but in a few minutes my "whatever" thoughts prevailed and it is on again.
  6. Scanner

TSI 1.8 Unitronic IS20 A/T 09G - BMS Pedal Tuner

I am sharing my new experience with a pedal tuner I installed today in less than 3 minutes. I'm satisfied with my HPs and will not change my turbo or my Uni tune. So I wanted to improve the throttle response. I regret not installing it earlier—nice and satisfying mod. I believe especially for...
  7. Scanner

APR Software is on sale. Are you tuned yet?

Hey Arin, I have a 2018 7.5 1.8 Golf with IS20, Unitronic tune and Unitronic downpipe. I want to go IS38, but my transmission is the automatic 09G. Unitronic does not have an IS38 tune if auto 09G transmission. Could you please confirm if your APR STAGE 3 IS38 W/DP 91 AKI can be used? All good...
  8. Scanner

**Unitronic Summer Sale - Starts Now!

When do we expect hardware sales? Especially intercoolers. Thanks.
  9. Scanner

Apr stage 3 is38 problems

Hey aceswld, issue solved? I may have a tip. I also have the auto 09G transmission on my 2018 7.5. My tune is Uni IS20, which does not have a transmission tune for the 09G. When I did my tune more than a year ago, a few times on D or S mode I've had my rev "stuck between gears" as you've...
  10. Scanner

Wanting to go with a catback Exhaust for my TSI

Yes, one piece, no cuts or welding. Just an adapter and the clampers.
  11. Scanner

I'm not sure. Is your Golf 1.4? I know it works for 1.8.
  12. Scanner

If you want a mild increase in sound/tone and also a GTI look, try finding a good used GTI catback and a dual-exhaust rear valance. Here in Ontario, a used 2018 GTI catback is around $250 and a new rear valance (plug & play, no adaptations) around $180. You may need an adapter (2.25-2.5"), which...
  13. Scanner

Apr stage 3 is38 problems

I would remove the forge BOV and place the stock diverter valve back, a new one. Followed by a transmission fluid replacement to be on the safe side also. I would also check the voltage readings of your wastegate, within range?
  14. Scanner

Show us your MK7

Just a 2018 TSI with Eibach springs, Audi wheels and 235/40 Continentals.
  15. Scanner

Misfire after Unitronic Stage 2 IS20

That's good to know. Uni could have those 91 options for stages 2 and above on their website as APR have.
  16. Scanner

6 spd slushbox. I wonder what was the main cause of your issues with your Uni IS20. I guess we will never know. I know another guy here in my area with the same IS20 config, 6spd slush and no issues.
  17. Scanner

As far as I know, Unitronic does not have a stage 2 91, only stage 2 93. And their site shows Uni DP as required for stages 2 and above, and especially if you have an IS20. Maybe those could be the reasons for your misfires, possible knockings? I have a stage 2 IS20 Uni with Uni DP, zero...
  18. Scanner

Fluidamper?

I have it installed on my 2018 TSI IS20 Uni a few weeks after upgrading to APR dogbone mount, insert + engine & mounts. I noticed a reduction of vibrations, smoother engine. And they say it helps to protect the engine, especially of tuned ones. No changes in acceleration, performance. No regrets.
  19. Scanner

You also mentioned earlier you are using the diverter valve that came with your (used?) IS20. I think it worth buying the latest DV revision. I changed mine and noticed improvements, of course, maybe the one that came with my used IS20 was not 100%.
  20. Scanner

I upgraded to a KN drop-in filter and an inlet elbow before my stage 1+ tune and my following misfires. I don't think you will solve your misfires & EPC just by changing your inlet elbow, but it could still be a fair upgrade considering you already have an IS20 and an upgraded intercooler, and...