GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Visit dealer with jb1 installed

What you say makes sense Ropejumper. But why won't I get a td1 flag if I leave the jb1 connected? And what is the difference between a td1 and getting reported?
  2. T

Hey all, I am looking for some additional confirmation that I'm good here. I have a 2017 GTI that is out of warranty. I have 53,000 miles on it. I need to visit the dealer to make a claim on the water pump that Volkswagen currently has provided an extended warranty service available to all...
  3. T

Hey all, I am looking for some additional confirmation that I'm good here. I have a 2017 GTI that is out of warranty. I have 53,000 miles on it. I need to visit the dealer to make a claim on the water pump that Volkswagen currently has provided an extended warranty service available to all...
  4. T

What is this?

Thanks Diggs, I thought I was going to have to spend some coin to fix this.
  5. T

What is this?

Can someone let me know what this sleeve on the hose is? The hose seems to be slipping out of it
  6. T

Passenger window only goes up but not down

The window actuator is probably busted.
  7. T

Level 3 oil leak 5k miles after oil pan gasket replacement

Might not be related but I just had to replace the timing cover on my 17 gti. I was losing a 1/2 quart of oil every 3k miles. It was a result of three of the 4 teeth that hold on the oil cap had broken off. Asa result I had lower oil pressure, oil was either creeping out the cap or being...
  8. T

Anybody heard of this tune?

Thanks DSC, it's good to know they are well known. I currently have a jb1 with default 91 octane map. It is very 'surgey' (on off) with power. The ie has a low torque variant and sounds like I can have pops and bangs and stage 1. If it makes more torque then jb1, and is not so on/off with...
  9. T

High mileage GTI MT6

There is no such thing as lifetime fluid. You have to know what Volkswagen definition of lifetime is. Nobody will admit what that number is but it's roughly the lifetime of a general car owner.... 3 to 5 years. So it's reference to the lifetime ownership of the first owner. Get that fluid...
  10. T

Anybody heard of this tune?

I've been seeing a lot of adds on YouTube for this tune and I finally decided to check it out. It sounds promising and the marketing is pretty slick, but does anyone know about this for a mk7 gti or do they have experience with them...
  11. T

160000km MK 7.5 GTI

Yes, for 100k it should be more around 12k in my book. I'd continue shopping for other cars. If your set on this one then I'd at least require full-service records.
  12. T

What's that clunk sound?

Diggs, you probably weren't far off. I couldn't reproduce the clunk sound today, and the mechanic took the car for a drive over some bumpy roads and stuff and couldn't reproduce the sound and he came back saying that something probably got stuck temporarily. I guess I'm good for now
  13. T

What's that clunk sound?

Coming up on 37,000 miles. Diggs, can a rock make the brakes clunk? They are fairly new with only 1000 miles on the rotor and pad
  14. T

What's that clunk sound?

Today I was on the last 2 mile stretch home from a 100 mile round trip when I started to hear a clunk sound coming from the passenger front side, it sounded like it was coming from the tire. I was on a side street (about 30mph) that had multiple minor bumps (the kind from tree roots and the...
  15. T

Metallic Trim around DSG Gearlever

I cut myself multiple times on that. I called vw and today they replaced it under the recall. Now I'm cut free!
  16. T

Recall on gear shifter trim

I cut my hand on the fake chrome piece on the steering wheel column as well
  17. T

Break pads

Thanks. This sounds like the most simple strait forward pads and may be for me. Do they have various models that I need to select from? If so, which do you recommend for the the street?
  18. T

Break pads

I didn't know they had a coating I could just put on the wheels to easily wash off the dust. Any suggestions on which one?
  19. T

Break pads

I have a '17 GTI Sport with 36k miles and am told I need new pads and rotors. I am a spirited driver, but don't go to the track. I love my stock brakes but I hate the amount of dust they put out. What brakepads do you recommend that are just as good as the stock pads but a whole lot less dusty?
  20. T

Where should I do my 40k mile DSG service?

Thanks Cb1111. That is a perfect answer for me. I think I will go to a indy near me. I'm in Santa Clara, CA. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to do the dsg service?