GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Elwood

Thule Roof Rack

I'm thinking go getting a Thule Wingbar for my Golf. Anyone know if there are issues with operation of the sunroof?
  2. Elwood

Tail Light Coding Help

Golf 1.8 TSI with stock tail lights 5 brake light mod and single-side parking light mods working fine My left outside parking light is not working. Inside works fine. I’ve spent the last couple hours going through the coding without any luck. Does anyone know the channel that adjusts the...
  3. Elwood

I recoded my tail lights, but I missed something

I recoded my tail lights so that the lights on the hatch would work with the turn signals and the brake lights. If my lights are on (parking lights/head lights), everything works correctly. If I have my foot on the brakes with the parking/headlights off, everything works correctly. However...
  4. Elwood

Turbo Blanket

I had a turbo blanket put on my car Tuesday. Very, very nice mod. - I no longer blow hot air out the vents after the car has been parked for a bit. The blanket was worth it for this alone, IMHO. - Less turbo lag. The turbo spools up quicker, but it's noticeable in a way you wouldn't expect...
  5. Elwood

Oil Sale at O'Reillys

For those of you west of the Mississippi: Castrol Edge 5w-40 - 5 qt jug - $10 off. That's like getting 5 qts for the price of 3.
  6. Elwood

DRLs off: Dash lights don't work with parking lights

To disable the DRLs, I just unchecked the box in VCDS. Anyone know the coding fix to get the dash lights to work when the switch is in the parking lights position? To get everything to work properly on my Mk5, I had to set the car to think it was in the UK.
  7. Elwood

Stiffer Springs, Minimal Drop

I would like some stiffer springs on my Golf TSi, but I really don't want to lower it much, if at all. I drive up north into snow country in the winter and would like the clearance and the ability to put on snow chains. The VW Sport Springs only lower the car about an inch (25-30mm) so that...
  8. Elwood

SiriusXM doesn't update.

They added a new channel and my other radios updated but not the one in my Golf. I tried having a new signal sent, but that didn't help. Any ideas?
  9. Elwood

16" wheels with GTI brakes?

I'm thinking of upgrading to GTI brakes on my TSI with 16" wheels. Will my wheels fit? I guess another way of asking this is will 16" wheels fit on a GTI?