GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Manual Golf R - Top Row Gears are Popping out

I have a stage 3 Southbend Daily clutch and it's been ok for 4 months or so but just recently Im having issues where the top row of gears (R,1,3) are popping out and making a horrible grinding noise. I assume I just have to do a shifter alignment or is it possible it's something worse? How bad...
  2. D

034 Dogbone Inserts - Cabin Vibration + Resonance

Recently installed the upper and lower metal dogbone Inserts in my R and was quite surprised, especially at the resonance it added to the cabin when stepping on it. It's like the engine noise is physically transfered through the frame of the car to the point where it's a net negative for me...
  3. D

First time clay bar - left marks

Thought I would try clay barring for the first time on my 2016 and a little worried at the marks it left behind. I think I messed up by using too much force and going in a more oval pattern rather than back and forth. I was dillegent in kneading the clay constantly to get a fresh surface but it...
  4. D

OEM 19" Silver Pretorias

Sold
  5. D

Snapped Short Shifter Bolt

Wow did I have a shitty day yesterday... Likely my mind was elsewhere but a simple short shifter install turned into: 1. Shearing off the 13mm bolt that holds the shifter bracket to the transmission tower. I watched the install videos and heeded the million warnings to not over tighten the bolt...
  6. D

SubFrame Rust

I was taking a quick look under my 2016 R to see which version Dogbone mount I have (looks to be version 1 right?) and I was surprised at the amount of rust on my subframe. Basically all the edges look like the pic below. Should I be worried if I plan on keeping the car long-term?
  7. D

Dropped Allen Key Set down Engine Bay

Welp finally lost a tool to the abyss known as the engine bay. I was doing the manual transmission shifter alignment and had a set of Allen keys resting on the engine cover. Of course right before that I had one of those quick mental conversations: "Don't place tools there, you'll knock it...
  8. D

20x9 255x30 MK7 Fitment

Alright give it to me straight. Will this fit a MK 7 R and how dumb is the idea... Attached is the willtheyfit summary, so roughly 15mm closer to the strut. Weight is up 5.5lb per corner (less than I expected). Anything else I should be aware of?
  9. D

Mods delete

Found
  10. D

Stage 2 Aftermarket Intake +30 HP?

I'm part of a local MK7 group and the following custom built intake got posted recently: https://fellybuilt.com/product/3-3-5-titanium-volkswagen-golf-intake-tube-air-box/ The dyno pic shows gains across the entire power band peaking at 30+ HP more on a stage 2 Golf R compared to an IE intake...
  11. D

DIY Shifter Bushing

Just got my South Bend Stage 3 Daily installed and so far it's amazing. Clutch engagement is like an on/off switch. The one thing I noticed now is that with the clutch vagueness solved, it really brings out the slop in the gear stick. Reading up it seems shifter bushings are a common...
  12. D

Golf R - Oily Spark Plug

Just did my first spark plug change on a 2016 R at 38k miles. Upgrading to rutheniums and going stage 2. I was a little concerned with the cylinder 1 plug being covered in oil though it sounds somewhat common. The coil pack wasn't covered in oil and I wrapped my socket in paper towel and tried...
  13. D

Extremely Dirty Intake Filter

Bored at home and cleaned the car today. Thought I'd check the air filter while I'm at it and this is the result. I swear I checked it roughly 10k km ago and it was looking new and the typical K and N bright red. Is it just me or does this seem like an extreme amount of debris buildup? This is...