GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. McBrian

Upper strut mount and bearings $1600 ?

For that price you could grab some reasonably priced coils and an install kit. A day in the drive way and lot of Youtube and you're good to go my friend!
  2. McBrian

Multilink vs Torsion Rear Suspension. What are the differences ?

Afaik the rear beam suspension was only in the SportWagen's and they use a C shaped beam as a rear "axel" so everything is tied together. Multi link is what it says, multiple links instead of a beam. I'm sure @golfdave will be able to tell you the differences in design but I dont think they are...
  3. McBrian

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Very solid reasoning but I've never seen a Silk Blue GTI so then i'm into painting and all that.
  4. McBrian

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

If it fit a TDI it'd be gone already...
  5. McBrian

Throttle Delay

Going to a SMF helps a bunch, i used to hate how slowly my car gained/lossed revs when shifting etc so I tried all the basics and it didn't seem to do anything. Just a stage 2 daily clutch from South bend made the biggest difference.
  6. McBrian

MK7 TSi Spring options

It's been done and you do get a bit of lowering but it's a lot of work for a tiny change, especially considering the huge range of coil over options for our platforms.
  7. McBrian

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Same thing with switches and levers here, I always thought it was cool that I had that same turn signal stalk in my E30 that they used in the Mclaren F1!
  8. McBrian

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Axle bolts, LCA nuts, and engine cradle bolts? (3 different ones from a list on here). My car already has BFI mounts all around so that hardware is reusable. Should be good, i think.
  9. McBrian

Is the GTI considered Rare?

Much like any enthusiast car, the highly optioned oddly spec'd cars will be worth more in a general sense of the word, but it'll be a while until they are "rare" or special in anyway.
  10. McBrian

Dual mass vs single mass flywheels

I'm sure they do, but please feel free to offer alternative suggestions for those that don't.
  11. McBrian

Warm Air With Heat Off

That's kind of where I was going. I got a turbo blanket thinking it would help, it does as long as you're moving, but sitting is sitting and the air does get warmer.
  12. McBrian

Hatch release lever - how to disable camera motor

I had this exact same problem, i replaced the camera with a knock off and it still happened, I'm thinking there's a short in the harness that goes through the hatch, for me at least.
  13. McBrian

Warm Air With Heat Off

Is it all the vents or just the two center vents?
  14. McBrian

Looking for Side Skirts - OEM or aftermarket

Thanks @mk6'12gti is the hardware something specific or could I just go with skirts?
  15. McBrian

Looking for Side Skirts - OEM or aftermarket

@mk6'12gti what would it cost for a complete set w/hardware and such?
  16. McBrian

Your Mk7 year/mileage

Got my car at the end of 2017 w/19K on the clock, I'm at 105K now.
  17. McBrian

1.8T Post-APR Stage 1 Tune Questions

Basically now I just lift off a tiny bit sooner if I'm approaching the end of a long straight, not the best but it's better than that cruise control feeling after lift off lol
  18. McBrian

1.8T Post-APR Stage 1 Tune Questions

I've had my APR S1 91Oct tune for about 6months or so and I've definitely noticed the lift off surge. I haven't changed my WG, but I changed my diverter valve a little bit ago but that did nothing. It really only happens after boosting for a while at WOT. I didn't really notice my oil temps drop...
  19. McBrian

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dropped it off at Metric Autosport in HB for a bunch of crap. Valve Cleaning Oil Service Plugs Accessory Belt & Tensioner Spark Plugs Stage 1 BFI Mounts APR Stage 1 (91oct) So yeah, should be a good afternoon.