GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Low Fuel Rail/Pressure CEL code p0087

Hey All, Got a 110k mile 2015 GTI for awhile now and a lot of the goodies (hybrid turbo, 450 lpfp, hpfp, e40 tuned, bolt ons, etc). More recent relevant maintenance at around 95k miles: carbon cleaned, new injectors, etc. About 500 miles ago I did a injector clean cycle (redline gumout), oil...
  2. J

Compression values?

Hey all, I'm trying to diagnose a misfiring issue. I had a compression test done and the following were the results: 120 125 130 125 Are these values way low? I could have sworn when I bought the car a few years ago they were all around 160 or 180 (Psi)
  3. J

Elevation change question

Hi all, I am currently tuned for my elevation ~4000 ft and am planning to move permanently to an elevation ~sea level. With that, should I be worried about my car's tune being able to compensate adequately? Hybrid turbo+bolt ons+e40 tuned. I understand that the lower elevation will bring...
  4. J

Mk7 GTI v. 2021 Supra

Met up to race a 2021 Supra. Did several pulls from a 40 roll. I 'won' on the first one by maybe a car but it was shorter road and we only hit maybe 100-120 and I probably got the hit slightly. We went to a longer stretch of road and did a couple more 40 rolls to about 130 or so and I lost...
  5. J

Misfires at High RPM in gears 3+

Hey all, I'm on the 6th or 7th revision of my hyrbid turbo setup (FBO, autotech hpfp, 450 PR lpfp, e40 fuel) and am getting consistent misfiring at high RPM in 3rd gear and 4th gear (haven't hit high RPM in 5th or 6th but I bet it's the same story). Not sure why! Here is the log...
  6. J

Strange Flappy sound

Hey guys, I'm getting a strange almost flappy/chirpy sound. I can't hear it in the engine bay when I pop the hood it sounds closer to the middle of the car. Most noticeable when in gear (I'm dsg) but not applying gas. The entire exhaust sounded different since I had a new turbo installed. No...
  7. J

P2635/3A96 help

Keep getting code p2635/3a96 which I believe is "fuel pump A low performance/flow". I have a walbro 450 and a autotech hpfp but haven't got this code until I went hybrid turbo with the lpfp upgrade. Not sure why I'm getting this - it doesn't seem to affect performance at all. Anyone out there...
  8. J

Grudge Race vs BT SRT-4

So about 2 months ago now I raced an upgraded turbo, FBO SRT-4 on pump gas. At the time, I was is20 e30 tuned FBO. We did a couple rolls from 40-60 to about 120 mph and I got beat about 1.5/2 cars length every time (he was definitely faster but the DSG helped keep me in it). Fast forward to...
  9. J

Hybrid Turbo Install - Issue!

Hey All, Just finished my install of a hybrid turbo on a mk7 GTI and here is the issue i'm having: I am able to hit peak boost but it is super laggy (~4.2k RPM) and should be around ~3500 RPM. I have a deep whistle sound (not the hiss common to an open intake) through the exhaust when driving...
  10. J

RX500 Turbo? Anyone know about this?

RX500 turbo seems to be more popular with the 5150 tune and California residents. Looks to be a great option - similar to EQT Vortex but a little cheaper. Anyone have information on this? https://rxturbo.com/
  11. J

For those with 450 LPFP...

Hey all, I'm preparing a list of parts I will be ordering and have a question for those running the following: -upgraded LPFP (450 walboro) -upgraded turbo (I'll be going with the EQT Vortex) -upgraded HPFP (I have the autotech hpfp internals) - plus all bolt ons required for stage 2 (downpipe...
  12. J

WTB: EQT Vortex Turbo, PR 450 LPFP

EDIT: Swapped 'ISO' to 'WTB' due to confusion WTB EQT Vortex Turbo (standard housing) with actuator and charge pipes. WTB walbro 450 lpfp Located in SLC, Utah
  13. J

LPFP Upgrade?

Hey All, So I'm running FBO with just HPFP upgraded on my mk7 GTI. I've been looking at upgrading the LPFP for when I get the EQT Vortex Turbo (will run e30 likely) and have some questions based on what i've read. Anyone here running just LPFP and HPFP on their mk7 GTI without a PM4/upgraded...
  14. J

O2 Sensor Help

Hey guys, so I got a code for p0036/50a6 O2 Sensor heater control circuit on my 2015 GTI. I checked the sb8 fuses and all the fuses actually in the engine bay and non were blown. I changed the O2 sensor (OEM) and I am getting the CEL still. Any help? I'm stratified tuned if that matters.
  15. J

MK7 GTI e30 tune...Check my log plz :)

Hey All, Take a look at my datalog and tell me what you think! I am running FBO (intake, tbe, dv+, fmic, HPFP internals upgrade, +) and am on stratified's e30 tune. I want to get some more power out of this is20, especially with the HPFP upgrade I can run up to full e85. Stratified thinks...
  16. J

Thoughts on Autotech HPFP Internals Upgrade for mk7 GTI?

Hey has anyone installed autotech hpfp internals for their mk7 GTI? How was the install? How is it running with it on (also what tune are you on?)? Thinking I'm going to bump up to an e50, e60, e70 or e85 tune with the HPFP (FBO mk7 GTI) from an e30 tune - what are your thoughts?
  17. J

Walnut Blasting?? Carbon Buildup??

Who has had their MQB (mk7 GTI/R) walnut blasted to clean carbon buildup? How much does it cost? Worth it? How often do you do it? Note: Bought my 2015 GTI with 77,000 miles on it (was running stage 2 for 40,000 miles) and had it compression/leakdown checked as well as checked for carbon...
  18. J

BMW 340i

Anyone run a tuned BMW 340i with the B58 engine? How do the mk7 GTI's do?
  19. J

p0131 Code Help: O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 low voltage

So i'm getting a p0131 code for the pre-cat o2 sensor 'low voltage' = lean. I am unsure how to solve this - I didn't have an issue when I was uni stage 2 tuned but it came up when I switched to strat e30 tune (also shows up on strat 91 tune). Any help?
  20. J

Called out by a Stinger GT!

Got called out by a stinger GT AWD (CAI, Catback) today on FB. I challenged him to come out and he actually did! Did a couple pulls at 40 and 50 and I put a couple busses on him by 100/110. Did some digs too just for the hell of it and we traded 1 for 1 (he messed up his launch on the first...