GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Fueling Issue

Did it end up working?
  2. J

Low Fuel Rail/Pressure CEL code p0087

Walboro 450 not enough? I'm honestly okay with stock boost psi range - I really don't want to push it and cause issues like dsg slip or blow the motor haha. I honestly will upgrade the car to a new platform relatively soon but just wanted to clear this up so it's not a liability when I sell
  3. J

So we sure it's a fuel pump and not an injector issue? Hmm I really wonder which one. I might consider mpi+retune on full E + 4bar PUT. Maybe I need to go 535lpfp though too idk
  4. J

Okay the code came up again around 180 miles I'd say. Here are the links to the datalogs - I took 6 total (3 on each link) at various stages of driving - normal, idle, some boost, highway speeds, etc. I have no idea why it's coming up - my hunch is maybe some injector issue? Seems to be the...
  5. J

First off, really appreciate your feedback and participation on this forum - you're always helping people like me out and I thank you for that! Next, wanted to update on this issue. I've driven at least 150 miles since clearing and refilling the tank. I think honestly I was running too high of...
  6. J

Thanks! I'll log a drive or two when the code pops back up. One with a spirited pull and one with normal diving and post. Yes it's on a Cobb tune so I'll post with datazap. Interesting, I have only had the hpfp with auto tech internals (installed myself) for maybe 25k miles. Do you suspect...
  7. J

Hey All, Got a 110k mile 2015 GTI for awhile now and a lot of the goodies (hybrid turbo, 450 lpfp, hpfp, e40 tuned, bolt ons, etc). More recent relevant maintenance at around 95k miles: carbon cleaned, new injectors, etc. About 500 miles ago I did a injector clean cycle (redline gumout), oil...
  8. J

Annnoying dashboard buzz/rattle during acceleartion in cold (freezing temps)

Pics or description of where this is? I think I have the same issue.
  9. J

Why check oil at 'operating temperature'?

Alright that makes sense to me. I have seen a bunch of posts on forums where people were experiencing the opposite with the justification that with the higher temps, the oil expands. With that then, I guess I'll top off the oil a little more if I'm in the middle of the hash marks currently...
  10. J

Why check oil at 'operating temperature'?

I agree, this makes sense. BUT WHY THE HELL IS MY OIL LEVEL LOWER when it's at operating temperature?? It's at the top of the hash mark when cold, and in the middle when warmed up...don't want to overfill - what should I do?
  11. J

Compression values?

Hey all, I'm trying to diagnose a misfiring issue. I had a compression test done and the following were the results: 120 125 130 125 Are these values way low? I could have sworn when I bought the car a few years ago they were all around 160 or 180 (Psi)
  12. J

Chasing Cylinder 2 Misfire at WOT (Stage 1) 91 Octane Tune (93 octane gas)

Yeah it seems unlikely to me. Had 1 stuck open at 94,XXX miles. Replaced them all and now there is suspicion that it is a leaky or faulty injector (at 100,XXX miles). Was thinking about doing an injector cleaner but I really don't think it'd be worth it.
  13. J

Chasing Cylinder 2 Misfire at WOT (Stage 1) 91 Octane Tune (93 octane gas)

Any luck? I'm getting this issue on cyl 1, had all 4 injectors replaced only 7XXX miles ago but i'm worried it somehow clogged again already. Worth trying sea foam or something?
  14. J

Elevation change question

Thanks everyone! Yeah I'll be going from 91 octance+e85 for e40 mixtures to 93octance+e85 (more accessible too) for e40 mixtures. Temps will be higher obviously all year too so yeah. I will see how the car is acting and what boost it's hitting and if it is seriously lower or not performing...
  15. J

Elevation change question

Hi all, I am currently tuned for my elevation ~4000 ft and am planning to move permanently to an elevation ~sea level. With that, should I be worried about my car's tune being able to compensate adequately? Hybrid turbo+bolt ons+e40 tuned. I understand that the lower elevation will bring...
  16. J

Mk7 GTI v. 2021 Supra

Nice! To me, idk if it's worth the hassle and cost to get another custom tune to get 2 more peak psi just for 10-20 ish more hp but had I known from the getgo that would have been a good route! Although, the vortex std is def smaller than the rx550. Pretty sure the xl is smaller too by a hair...
  17. J

Mk7 GTI v. 2021 Supra

also, for this race, they surprisingly weren't really an issue. I was hooking just as soon or sooner than the supra was and I'd get the initial jump - then he'd jump me a car, then we'd just hold that position until I'd let off lol.
  18. J

Mk7 GTI v. 2021 Supra

Ehh I've seen it. the 7spd and 6spd DSG isn't the same so I distinguished. Doesn't really matter though as I clearly did not say 6MT. I'm well aware you can get more boost. On my setup, however, to run more peak boost something would have to give as I'm literally at the fueling limits of the...
  19. J

Mk7 GTI v. 2021 Supra

got some 200 tw tires (falken azenis 615k + or whatever) in size 245/40/18 on the way actually (got them for like $140/tire). Just wanted to run these to the ground first haha.
  20. J

Mk7 GTI v. 2021 Supra

Nope! I don't really think i'll ever spend money on a dyno just so I have a sheet that has some numbers on it to be honest. As for 60-130 times that is something more valuable to me - I don't have a dragy and I don't want to buy one really lol. I have no idea what my 60-130 times are but...