GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mr-fix

How to skip firmware update summary with not working touch

If the upper-right portion of your touch display is not working and you decide to update the firmware, you will be stuck on the summary screen, which requires you to press the back arrow in the upper-right corner. Rebooting the unit will not fix this. But if you clear the SVM code (by reading...
  2. mr-fix

2023/2024 maps for Discover Media (MST2) and Discover Pro (MHIG/MHI2)

There are new maps available for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda vehicles. Sadly, since VWAG and VW of America are separate companies, as usual there's no official NAR maps link. Update in MST2 Discover Media: Old MIB1 Discover Media (SW Train: MSTD) is no longer supported. Latest maps for this those...
  3. mr-fix

MK7 Cup Holder ambient light with OEM control

Done! Wired to BCM, coded, separate circuit, adjustable brightness with slider control, independent from other background lights (door, footwell, etc.), coming&leaving home logic. Parts Extra thin LED strip (White 6500K), BCM terminal, Isolation tape, wires, zip ties, connectors... Tools...
  4. mr-fix

Video encoding profile to play videos on Discover Pro

Not everyone knows this, but Discover Pro (even the old MIB1) can play video files if prepared correctly. Here's the simplified process with free app and custom preset that will make things much easier. You will need free HandBrake app - https://handbrake.fr/ , encoding preset -...
  5. mr-fix

Display buttons and control knobs removal

I bought used display for about $20 just to play with it, disassemble, check how the wiring works, etc. This is specially for those with OCD that want to replace the volume knob with a blank one, so the misaligned symbol is no longer there:
  6. mr-fix

Adding subwoofer to basic sound system

This is project is under construction. At this moment this is more of a log than tutorial. If you are going to follow this guide, you are doing it at your own risk. I'm fully aware that this installation is not in accordance with principles. This is not professional installation. It doesn't have...
  7. mr-fix

DIY Front Camera upgrade for RVC-HIGH

Hi! Hope that you don't mind if I keep my modification log over here. In MQB cars (which includes Golf MK7) there's couple options where it comes to rear-view cameras: RVC-Low: simple camera, triggered by reverse light bulb signal. RVC-High: camera module connected to CAN-BUS, with 4 view...
  8. mr-fix

Retrofitting USB HUB (2 ports working with CarPlay/AndroidAuto/Storage)

Please keep in mind that I'm not finished with this retrofit yet, and I appreciate any input from more experienced users. Why? I want to have two USB ports. One for media drive, one for wireless CarPlay. It's cheaper to retrofit USB HUB than to replace standard USB port (5Q0-035-726-F) with...
  9. mr-fix

DIY: new battery adaptation with OBD11/VCDS

What's needed? OBDeleven, VCDS, or whatever diagnostic interface you have as long as you can change coding/adaptation with it. Adaptation procedure There are 4 values that you needs to check/change. Start with reviewing the following if values stored are the same as on the new battery that you...
  10. mr-fix

Convert $5 USB-to-Ethernet adapter into D-Link DUB-E100 for MIB2 hacking

Requirements ASIX AX88772 USB to Ethernet dongle ($4.88 + S&H on AliExpress) Linux (for example running on Raspberry Pi) Procedure Turn on your Linux machine, connect ASIX dongle to USB port. Install ethtool sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ethtool Check connected USB devices and...
  11. mr-fix

Installing FEC/SWaP code to MIB with OBDeleven

What is FEC/SWaP code? Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on. In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things. Code...
  12. mr-fix

MK7 ACC radar adjustment without calibration board

Requirements For MK7 only (radar in grill), not for MK7.5 (radar behind emblem). Fault C1103 00 - Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor - misadjusted in module 0x13, ACC/Front Assist error on the instrument cluster. Diagnostic tool like OBDeleven or VCDS 3.5mm socket WD-40 white marker Procedure (at...
  13. mr-fix

MIB2 STD PQ/ZR Toolbox for MIB2 Discover Media Technisat/Preh

Just want to let you know that there's a toolbox for the Discover Media as well: mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox on github.com This toolbox is designed to give you deeper access to the filesystem, modify system skins and sounds, remove some of the system restrictions (for example CID-Lock for navigation...
  14. mr-fix

Disable "Check SAFELOCK!" reminder

Each time you turn the ignition off you see "Check SAFELOCK! Owner's manual!" message which looks like a fault but actually it's just a reminder that car is equipped with deadlocks - once locked you can not open the door from inside (for example after breaking the window). If someone stays in...
  15. mr-fix

Enabling ACC speed adjustment with 1mph increments

Been driving my MK7 for 2 years now and finally found the setting to tweak the ACC buttons operation. By default: if you press [+] or [-] buttons on the steering wheel you will change your adaptive cruise control settings by 5mph (or 10km/h). And for 1mph precision you need to use RES or SET...
  16. mr-fix

mr-fix wagon TDI

I thought I would share some info about my MK7 as well. Euro wagon, entry level Urano Grey paint, FWD 2.0TDI + DSG (DQ250), stock wheels, a lot of LEDs added to the car. Some of you will probably know the car from my YouTube channel. Interior [Done] Installed OEM LED interior lights (front +...