GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Q

Another downpipe thread

I just bought a 2019 MK7.5 R and want to go stage 2 pretty soon. I'm looking for a downpipe right now and was hoping you guys might have some suggestions. I want something of reasonable quality and fitment, but more than that, I want something that won't be too loud. I actually like how the car...
  2. Q

Boston Detailer

Anyone have recommendations? Looking to have the works done and I'm looking for economy and quality.
  3. Q

Summer tires

Hi NE members! Around what time of year do you usually throw on your summer tires? Today is definitely an outlier but it's definitely starting to get at least a bit warmer. I'm just excited to get my car new shoes!
  4. Q

APR Stage 2 in MA

I'm thinking about going APR stage 2 and I live in Massachusetts. I understand that there is a chance that the car won't pass inspection after this due to emissions (APR downpipe does not have a sufficient catalytic converter?). I've been doing some research on this and would like some input on...
  5. Q

RSB/Dogbone and Warranty

I just had a call with my local dealership and asked about installation of a RSB and dogbone, he said that the labor would be more expensive than a regular shop and that they would also need to recalibrate sensors for lane assist/adaptive cruise control. I already have those things off since I...
  6. Q

Wheel/Tire combo question

I'm not very well versed in all the measurements that go into wheels/tires and am pretty overwhelmed looking how they all fit together, so I've come to you for help! I have a 2019 Golf GTI S DSG that currently has stock wheels/tires. I'm going to upgrade to a lighter set of wheels and summer...
  7. Q

DSG shifts

So I always drive in manual mode with my DSG '19, but the shifts aren't always as nice as I would like them to be. I understand that when driving more slowly/less throttle the shifts will be softer (though I would like if this wasn't the case), but I've found that even when driving hard that the...
  8. Q

MK7.5 Ed's Replica HID Headlight Problem

So I've been emailing Ed about this problem, but figured I'd see if anyone else has an idea what's going on. I bought Ed's MK7.5 HID headlight replicas for my MK7.5 halogen car and had them professionally installed at a garage. The installation apparently went well, but I've found that the...
  9. Q

JB4 install in Boston

What's up my fellow New Englanders! Is there anyone around the Boston area (I'm in Medford) willing to help an MK7 noob install a JB4? I can pay using the traditional currency of beer. :)
  10. Q

Paddle extenders

Anyone buy paddle shifter extenders for their GTI? I have a DSG MK7.5 that I drive pretty much exclusively in manual mode and the size of the shifters leaves a lot to be desired, especially when turning. I saw some on ECS but they're like $70 which seems a lot for what they are. Just...