GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Android auto stopped working

I have a samsung v30 android that's stopped connecting to the head unit. I've followed these instructions and it still doesn't work... https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/2467281 I've also disconnected and reconnected the phone to the vdub, no joy. Thoughts? I can use an assist...
  2. O

This is why you buy the spare tire kit

Heading down to my mom's this past Sat to wrap up getting her moved into the new house. Along the way, I heard a pop and "said what the heck was that" and pressed on. After a few miles down the road, starting hearing weird noise from the rear end of the car. Rolled down the window and heard...
  3. O

Trailer hitch and towing

This is primarily for my UK friends that own a mk7.5 R. In the US, the manual states to not install a hitch and not tow with the R. Is that the same in the UK or are you allowed to tow small loads? I ask because I sold my primary car that I pulled a small 4ftx8ft utility trailer and now I...
  4. O

oil catch can

For SCCA autocross rules in D Street where the R now lives, the oil catch can is an allowable mod. My question for you, is it worth it to install? Will this lessen any valve and cylinder head build up issues? Any warranty issues that you know of?
  5. O

golf R exhaust tips

I've been looking at replacement catback exhausts for the R, but I simply can't justify spending $1300-$1500 on an exhaust. Right now the car sounds good with just the resonator delete and turning off the soundakator, but I'd like to change out the exhaust tips. I've looked and I've not found...
  6. O

removed the CDV in the R

Last week I needed some warranty work done on the '19 R. While there I asked the mechanic about the clutch delay valve and it's removal. We had a talk and I decided to have it removed. Best decision ever. Shifts are more precise and predictable. I no longer feel like a complete newbie just...
  7. O

creaking noise in passenger side rear of '19 R

Picked up my R this past July and slowly over time I'm getting a creaking sound coming from the rear passenger area of the car. It happens when I go over a small bump or driveway where it loads up the opposite corners of the car, like the front right/rear left. The noise doesn't seem to...
  8. O

graphics

Looked on line but didn't really find what I was looking for. Is there a good place to buy graphics for these Rs? I want something near the R logo on the side to break up some of the color on this lapis blue and give it a bit of splash of attitude.
  9. O

soft paint

It takes nothing to either scratch or chip the paint on my '19 R. How long does it take for this to completely setup? Get the occasional bird crap on the car and I made the mistake of wiping it off with a damp micro fiber. The dried crap made some serious scratches in the paint and I'm still...
  10. O

Steering wheel wrap

I have a tendency to be a little rough on the steering wheel and getting it dirty. In the past I've wrapped the steering wheel on my other cars, so I figured why not wrap the one in the R and help keep it in good shape. I ordered one off of amazon from loncky and I have to say it's pretty well...
  11. O

phone holder

I've been looking at the dash layout on this new R I have and there's not a good place to mount a phone holder. I have the magnetic mount in my other car, but I can't find a decent place to mount a holder in the Vdub. Would you please provide pics of your current setup and where you purchased...
  12. O

on line vendors

Had my golf R for about 2 months now and it's time to consider a simple mod, the resonator delete. After doing some research on line, this looks simple enough to do at home, adds some exhaust noise and drone is negligible. Since I also autox my R and I'm in street class, this is one of the few...
  13. O

rest average mileage on the fly

OK, I've looked in the manual and on line, but I've not find the info I need. I guess my google-fu is weak. I have a '19 R that came with the digital dash and I have it set to display "mileage since start" in the left gauge and "distance to empty" in the right. The manual says it's some sort...
  14. O

setting up a golf R for autocross

Hello all, first post in this forum. I did a search and didn't quite find what I was hunting for, so I hope you can help me with some basic set up questions for a new golf R. I've been autx'g for about 20 years and it's mostly been in mustangs, so AWD is gong to be a change for my driving...