GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. aloha_from_bradley

Screen protector for Discovery Media

I also had the clear finish, Amazon purchased screen protector. Worked perfectly. I also have one in my 2020 Tiguan with the same infotainment. 100% worth it. Just get any tempered glass screen protector that's designed for your car, they are basically all the same.
  2. aloha_from_bradley

I'm also one of those "slowly losing coolant" people

Ahhh... the good ol' coolant story.
  3. aloha_from_bradley

Golf r help

I've seen this thread here for a few days now waiting to see if someone was going to reply. Here's the deal. @Kevinkolc - You aren't an established member of the forum, meaning you don't have a history here. You also haven't provided anything in your initial post that would give any level of...
  4. aloha_from_bradley

K&N filters opinions

My feelings and experience echo this. Though, I have seem people oversaturate K&N filters to the point that they drip onto the ground underneath the car. You can prevent this by using the aerosol version and just spray a light dusting onto the filter rather than the stuff in the bottle. But...
  5. aloha_from_bradley

K&N filters opinions

It's been said many times on this forum, but the factory airbox works really well. It draws fresh cold air in from the grille and flows about as well as most aftermarket options. There really isn't a need to replace the system or filter. Most people just do it to get a little extra noise.
  6. aloha_from_bradley

K&N filters opinions

Yeah, I'd also like to know what other options are available other than similar drop in oil based high flow filters from less recognizable brands. Even the complete airbox / CAI options use a similar filter. I've had a K&N air filter in every single one of my cars for the past 20 years and...
  7. aloha_from_bradley

Coilover noises

Yeah, I can have the fronts off in like 30 mins aside from set up time (raising car, getting tools prepared, remove wheels, etc.). I just take off the three LCA nuts and bust the axle bolt free. The entire assembly comes out in one piece. WAY easier, if you ask me. Just need to make sure you've...
  8. aloha_from_bradley

Coilover noises

I wouldn't have been as patient as you. Would have reported to my credit card company and let them handle it. They would have credited my money the same day. I've been thinking about this thread from time to time. Felt really bad that you went through this. I know how laborsome suspension work...
  9. aloha_from_bradley

OIL TEMP GOING UP VERY QUICK

You're still doing it. YOU JUST KEEP TALKING IN ALL CAPS. IT'S HILLARIOUS. You haven't done anything wrong, my dude. All good. It's just funny.
  10. aloha_from_bradley

OIL TEMP GOING UP VERY QUICK

Had to come back and read this again. The funniest sh!t I've seen here in awhile.
  11. aloha_from_bradley

NHTSA Investigation into VW, Audi vehicles for fuel leaks

My MK7.5 was the most reliable car I've ever owned, and I drove it good. I had one thing happen - water pump housing, which is a known thing that VW gladly replaced for free.
  12. aloha_from_bradley

Boost Restrictions?

I'd check out UM. Just saying.
  13. aloha_from_bradley

Part# for a mystery part

The parts schematics for VWs have always been a little confusing. Each of the "aftermarket" OEM parts distributors use the same diagrams, but the parts are broken down oddly. Many times I'll find parts on the diagram as part of a complete system with no number or information, only to find them...
  14. aloha_from_bradley

What is the most stealth hitch?

Does it need to be? I mean, that’s like asking the same question for any aftermarket part. I’m not saying that safety isn’t paramount, but the Stealth Hitch mounts up to the factory location with a pretty hefty square steel bar attached to it. And those welds look pretty good. For all we know...
  15. aloha_from_bradley

What is the most stealth hitch?

The Stealth Hitch is a crash bar. It's replaces the factory crash bar with itself as a replacement crash bar. Or at least that's what I thought?
  16. aloha_from_bradley

Tire Reccomendations

I get it, was just making a point. I'd wager less than 1% of members here actually track their car. The difference between the AS4 & PS4 is marginal. With the AS4, you get a more versatile tire with a better warranty for less money, and the performance loss on the street can't be detected. It's...
  17. aloha_from_bradley

Tire Reccomendations

How cold do your winters get? Do you plan on ever taking the car on a trip anywhere in cold climates or where it snows? You really shouldn't drive summers in temps below about 45 degrees. Definitely nothing in the 30s, especially if the car has been sitting overnight or if there is potential...
  18. aloha_from_bradley

Bought a 2019 Golf R MK 7.5

What trim GTI? I'm wondering what kind of bulbs they are. Shouldn't be an issue with LEDs.
  19. aloha_from_bradley

Bought a 2019 Golf R MK 7.5

So? You get the car? Figure out the service records?
  20. aloha_from_bradley

Valve wont close on my exhaust

You're right, my post left some assumptions there. What I should have said was - "You may want to try with the ignition in the accessory position" The ignition switch has three different positions - 1. completely off, 2. accessory mode, 3. engine systems running Pressing the start/stop button...