GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Deanjet

What’s my next move for overheating?

I’ve installed aux oil and transmission coolers on my 2015 non-PP GTI and I managed to get a big red “engine overheated, turn off engine” message on my 4th lap at Sebring yesterday. I let off the throttle and pitted to cool down. I’m APR stage 2 using The stock IS20 turbo. For those who track...
  2. Deanjet

Need help with Stoptech brakes

Resealing my ST40’s after a piston started leaking. How in the world does one press the dust boots in? I’ve tried everything I can think of.
  3. Deanjet

Found one!: Wavetrack for 2015 GTI with DSG transmission.

WTB: Wavetrack for 2015 GTI with DSG transmission. Let me know what you have, I’m located in South Florida.
  4. Deanjet

SuperPro LCA bushing feel out

What can I use to bond polyurethane to Stainless Steel? It looks like SuperPro only glued 10% of the bushing to the outer S.S. Sleeve that goes on the outside of the bushing assembly . WhiteLine in Canada, who bought out SuperPro, is no help. Whatever they used had to be chiseled off to get...
  5. Deanjet

Whiteline front control arms and front sway bsr

Buying a set of alloy Whiteline front control arms. I do 95% of my driving on the street with five or six track days a year. Should I go with the regular control arms or should I get the ones with the increased camber? I prefer a car that is stable at high speed and during hard braking, Also...
  6. Deanjet

Raceingline Tracksport coilovers on daily driver

Would the ride be crazy harsh with these installed? I found a used set at a great price. I track my GTI about 10 times a year and it’s my daily.
  7. Deanjet

Auto-X with front sway bar detached?

Has anyone ever auto-crossed with the front sway bar detached? I am troubleshooting a popping sound in the front of my car and I removed the front endlinks to take the front sway bar out of the equation. The car seams just fine with the FSB out of the system. FYI - For the noise I found the...
  8. Deanjet

FSB bushing mounts bent?

I know the front sway bar saddle mounts don’t set flush on the sway bar, but mine seam bent up and the sway bar is difficult to more. Do these look bent? And what could have caused it if so?
  9. Deanjet

Bar-Tech Tuning oil cooler

Has anyone tried this oil cooler? https://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/2-0l-tsi-oil-cooler-ea888-mqb-kit-v2
  10. Deanjet

Konig wheels bgloss bronze touchup paint

I bought a used set of Konig gloss bronze wheels with slight curb rash. Any idea of what color touch up paint would make at my local auto parts store?
  11. Deanjet

WTB: 18x8.5 wheels - South Florida

Looking for a set of 18X8.5 wheels to throw track tires on. Any color is fine, 21 lbs. or less preferred, cosmetic damage and corrosion are 100% fine. No bent or cracked wheels please. Let me know what you have. Would prefer something within a 4 hour drive of Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks, Dean
  12. Deanjet

Golf R with DSG transmission vibrations

My friend has a 2018 R with DSG, stage 2 ecu and tcu tunes. During deceleration only, he is experiencing moderate transmission vibration. No matter the gear, while slowing down there is vibration from 2800 to 2200 rpm and also 1800 to 1300 rpm. Tap the throttle or change gear and the vibration...
  13. Deanjet

WTB: 18x8.5 wheels - South Florida

Looking for some semi-light weight 18x8.5 et 43 or 45 wheels. Going to use them for the track, so cosmetic damage or corrosion is fine. You can have my stock 2015 wheels and tires if you want them.
  14. Deanjet

Nice price or over optimistic seller?

Looking into upgrading to this. Currently have 2015 GTI SE, not sure about going to a base model. 2016 R, 53k miles, Single Owner, DSG, base model (no DCC). APR Stage 2 (ECU + TCU) all records from VW saved. All work done in receipts. A few bolt ons. APR down pipe, Rear diffuser, Side skirts...
  15. Deanjet

Daily driver track car upgrades

I have a 2015 Non-PP with the following; APR stage 2, intercooler, front and rear adjustable endlinks, Stage 1 Trans mount insert, Stoptech ST-1=41's, 24mm RSB and APR lowering springs. Due to tight budget budget what would my next logical step be? I was thinking Polyurethane bushings for the...
  16. Deanjet

WTB: Wavetrack LSD for DSG - Florida

I have a non-PP 2015 that I am tracking, rumor has it the a Wavetrack LSD would be most beneficial. Let me know if anyone has one up for sale for a DSG transmission. Thanks, Dean
  17. Deanjet

Mk 7.5 R. 4 or 6pot calipers for track

Multi-piston caliper upgrade question. My friend spent a boat load of money on 2 piece griodisk rotors all the way around. He is doing track days and the stock caipers are not cutting it. Any recommendations for calipers that will work with the stock rotor size of 340mm x 30mm?
  18. Deanjet

Non-PP rear pad upgrade for track days - EBC Yellows falling apart.

Are there any decent rear pads for my non-PP GTI besides EBC Yellows. The Yellows stuck to my rotors after setting outside in the rain for a week. After braking them loose with a lot of throttle, later that day I noticed the rotors had wide no contact areas on the middle of the rotors. Found big...
  19. Deanjet

MK 7.5 R switching from 19" to 18" wheels - rubbing?

Question for my friend with an R. He has the OEM 19" wheels with stock tires running 10mm/15mm spacers and loves the fitment. He has picked the following combo and wants to know if lowered 1.25" on VWR springs will he run into to any rubbing issues. Wheels 18x8.5 ET 45 with 235/40 R18 tires. I...
  20. Deanjet

Stoptech ST-41setup, what rear pads to use?

I have a 2015 non-PP MK7 GTI and purchased the Stoptech ST-41 BBK (small 4 piston calipers) with Stoptech Sport pads. I also purchased the matching rear Stoptech rear rotors. What rear pads would be recommended for "balanced" braking with the stock calipers in the back? I plan on doing HPDE's in...