GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

dq381 noise, has anyone ever heard anything like this?

I believe I hear the same once in a while slowing down to go over a speed bump. It's not noticable unless I have no music playing and windows down. I'm not worried about it. Cars will make noises sometimes.
  2. I

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Are you on Cobb? Do you have a 3rd gear pull datalog I can look at?
  3. I

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

From the dynochart didn't seem like you lost any spool at all? Daily driving around feels no different? Does it sound different?
  4. I

Suspension refresh and camber changes

No noise increase normally from my 034 camber mount except the occasional super hard pothole hit, then it will be more harsh noise.
  5. I

Improving Ride Quality By Changing From 19's To 18's

I switched from 235/35/19 to 245/45/17 and there is a huge improvement in ride quality and I don't have to worry about bending wheels any more. You'll need to do the fender screw mod though.
  6. I

Which Coilovers Would Work in My Situation?

If you're adjusting height that often then get air suspension? Keep in mind every time you adjust the ride height the alignment will be off and you'll need to get it aligned.
  7. I

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Can you even still get the Stoptech bbks? I know the APR has been discontinued and they are working on a new one.
  8. I

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

Closest to the original diameter of stock setup of 235/35/19, 0.8% bigger so reduce the wheel gap a little more. 245/40/17 would have been -3.1% smaller.
  9. I

Where to buy Powergrid front sway bar adjustable end links

https://www.powergridinc.com/ Email them. They'll send you a paypal invoice.
  10. I

Which coil overs are best for my situation

I would say the toe setting would affect the stability more vs caster. Haven't seen anybody running the camster plate and posted up reviews on it so I didn't want to chance it having any issues with installation fitments. I'll leave it up to the more knowledgeable track guys to chime in if you...
  11. I

Only the camber mount. I also got powergrid front adjustable endlinks since some people posted they had issues with stockers and other aftermarket ones. DDC delete kit, probably not applicable for your gti. All new bolts/nuts that you'll have remove to install the suspension.
  12. I

Pretty happy with my Ohlins I just installed. It's not much stiffer compared to stock. -2.3 degrees of camber in front with 034 camber mount, rears are at -2.0 degrees of camber. Only lowered the car a little more than 1/2" all around. Only noticed more NVH when I hit a super hard bump that can...
  13. I

(B) KW Cancellation kit

I use https://www.theasiangarage.com/collections/volkswagen these, cheaper and works great.
  14. I

Anyone have experience with updated Ohlins road and track kit?

Thanks @scrllock, I'll follow that when I do my alignment. For adjustment in the rear I've set X to 25mm, which seems like the "lowest" position possible and should have lowered my car 20mm. So if I adjust it less than to what it's set now to lower the rear some more then it would seem it's out...
  15. I

Anyone have experience with updated Ohlins road and track kit?

Just installed the ohlins VWSMU21S2 on my car along with 034 front camber mount and superpro endlinks. 1 finger gap in front and 2 in the rear. I was afraid it'll be too stiff and harsh considering the spring rate is doubled from stock but that's not the case. It rides very well and only a...
  16. I

Apex VS-5RS 18x9" ET42 Wheels - 5x112mm / 57.1mm - Satin Bronze Mid December 2023 SKU: VS5RS189ET42-5112-571-NSBZ Thanks Geirsen
  17. I

Did you guys get the stock in? The wheels I ordered said Mid Dec for restock so was wondering on the status of it.
  18. I

Indium Gray Metallic Money Pit Mk7.5R

Would it be easier if that downpipe was removed?