GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Beju

Dogs

One of my favorite pictures of my fluffy boy Apollo and my spiky boy Thor is them both looking out a window. My old apartment had deep windowsills that the bearded dragon could sit on and watch the outdoors without fear of being snatched by a hawk (he's not a fan of birds or airplanes).
  2. Beju

Dogs

3. Beju

Dogs

I have an aunt who's been volunteering at a shelter for decades. She'd adopt the older small dogs to make their last few years good ones. The shelter workers once set aside a Pomeranian puppy for her, thinking she'd love him. She didn't want to take him, knowing that somebody else would...
  4. Beju

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

The Holosun K models are more durable than most the similarly sized optics, and IMO, Holosun has better LED emitter tech than any brand that's not Aimpoint. Holosun is coming out with an the EPS Carry, a similarly sized enclosed optic, but it's not out yet. The RMRcc is likely the most durable...
  5. Beju

Oh yeah, I finally picked up a 'nice' CZ in addition to my plastic one a couple months ago. I'd wanted a Shadow 2 for a while because they looked cool. Then I got to shoot one and still wanted one. A couple of months ago, pricing and personal funds aligned.
  6. Beju

Dogs

FWIW, I got my dog a load tested harness for car rides, figuring that an unrestrained 15 lb furry missile would be less than ideal in a crash, and without risking a broken neck for him. The Solvit brand harnesses are very reasonably priced on Amazon and come with a carabineer to attach to the...
  7. Beju

I describe the P-10 series as, "Like a Glock, if Glock cared more about ergonomics. Fixed front sight like a Glock, takes down like a Glock, positive trigger reset like a Glock, better slide serrations and grip shape, trigger feels like a Glock that has an out of the box trigger job."
  8. Beju

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I put a hole in the Weathertech All-Weather Floor Mats set that I had for my Mazdaspeed3 more quickly than the OEM all-weather set. The Weathertech Floor Liner set showed no signs of wear, but I also didn't have it for as long before I got rid of the car.
  9. Beju

18" OE PRETORIA wheels now available

The 18" Pretoria wheels are cast, the 19" are either forged or flow-formed. I've read both, and can't be bothered to get in to the weeds about wheels that I don't have and aren't going to buy.
  10. Beju

I know that nobody wants it to be them, but when you make anything in big enough quantities, some parts that shouldn't pass QC will slip through, and the P365 has been one of the best selling pistols in the country since it came out. I've seen broken strikers in fairly new M&P and Glock pistols...
  11. Beju

Superpro control arm install?

Yes, I had the same issue on my 2019 MT Rabbit Edition with my Whiteline LCAs. VW made a part revision in October 2018 that apparently included shorter studs. My independent VW/Audi mechanic was able to find some of the older ball joints for me.
  12. Beju

Bent Wheel - How bad is this?

I sold my GTI's stock Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS with a few thousand miles on them on Facebook Marketplace. You might be able to do the same there or on Kijiji. Locally, some of the independent tire shops will give trade-in credit on good condition tires.
  13. Beju

You can buy them straight from Weathertech. Sometimes you can find them for less from 3rd party sellers.
  14. Beju

Nice. Mid 2000s-on Mazda vehicles are a lot like a Japanese VW to me; generally sportier dynamics and nicer interiors than the competitors, though other Japanese brands are starting to step up on the interior front. Mazda's lack of a true Mazdaspeed3 replacement is what got me to replace it...
  15. Beju

Nice, my father's been looking at a Holosun 510C for an AR pistol.
  16. Beju

Oil for 2018 Golf R - and oil changes on used vehicles (new to me)

Things are a little different with me since I have a 2019 which takes 508 spec 0w20 that I can't find anywhere locally but the dealer. However, last time I did an oil change, it ended up being cheaper just to buy my oil change supplies from the dealer rather than pay a shipping charge.
  17. Beju

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got Emissions Service Action 24FX done. Exciting, I know.
  18. Beju

What ammunition? A lot of factory 10mm loads are basically slightly hotter .40S&W. That, and a heavy steel frame goes a long way towards soaking up recoil.
  19. Beju

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Changed my oil because I finally had time on a warm day without 25 mph wind gusts.
  20. Beju

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I've been driving manual cars for over 10 years and live in the flat Midwest, so I also forget about the hill holder feature.