GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MSH

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

exactly. When Colorado introduced the blacked out with white lettering plate early this year I was all over it.
  2. MSH

2016 Golf R - 24k miles, MT, Adult owned, Well Sorted, OEM+, $26K OBO, NY Area

If you aren’t opposed to it I would suggest Facebook Marketplace and the various mk7 buy sell groups (plus your local vw/Audi groups) You have to wade through a lot of time wasters and bullshitters however I received far and away all solid leads from Facebook on my stage 3 mk7 R I sold earlier...
  3. MSH

Rocky Mountain High - high altitude cruising with some CO enthusiasts

Great rip today! We are so fortunate to have these roads right out our garage. While the high elevation does suck for ICE cars that all melts away when you are getting after it on what our backyard has to offer.
  4. MSH

Asta la vista, baby. . .

I agree with a lot of this. I made the move to the single car within my budget that captures a lot of what you are looking for (except 4 doors requirement) which is the F87 manual m2 comp(definitely not the hideous G87 M2) . To me its the one car in the modern bmw line up that captures that...
  5. MSH

TPC770 or EQT Typhoon?

Colorado here as well. Ran a '16 Golf R on various stages of tunes through EQT for the 4 yrs I had the car. All of it flawless. Just sold it in April to move to something else. On my R and various states of tune.... First on IS38 custom E40 tune from Ed, then upgraded to Vortex Std no MPI on...
  6. MSH

2016 Golf R - 24k miles, MT, Adult owned, Well Sorted, OEM+, $26K OBO, NY Area

insane to me that this hasn't sold yet. Very nice example.
  7. MSH

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

If I were you I'd 86 the RS7 plugs ASAP on a tuned car. Playing with fire. Although I'm no longer on the platform I was deep for 4+ years in a heavily modded R. I read so many threads on Facebook mk7 groups etc with people fucking their cars up with those plugs. I played the expensive NGK game...
  8. MSH

Building a high boost Mk7 Golf R engine

I agree. I have since sold my R but I loved the B16's when I had them on my R (one of my favorite upgrades and my R was uber modded) and they saw a ton of hard driving with many spirited canyon mountain sessions here in Colorado. I 100% agree that the Ohlins are a superior coilover but there is...
  9. MSH

front suspension leveler codes c1034 07 and c1035 07 mechanical failure

I no longer have the car but the issue resolved itself once I added a 034 front sway bar and some 034 roll control ball joints. Don't know for sure if it was one or the other or both in combination.
  10. MSH

Detailing for dummies: I'm the dummy-Wash mitts have entered the chat; possibly other things you stick your hands into!

I used Nextzett Lederpflege based on the recommendation by Phil at Detailers Domain for my Golf R when I had it and will continue to use it on my M2. It’s an “all in one” cleaner and conditioner and works well. Easy to work with and doesn’t finish shiny or greasy. Nice matte finish...
  11. MSH

MK7 Confessions

The front headlight amber delete? Same thing happened to me when I was detailing the car when I still had it. Complained to BS and they sent me some new ones. You are welcome to have them since I have no use for them now.
  12. MSH

**SOLD**FS: Apex SM10 Bronze Wheelset w X-Ices - Nearly New

Sorry… I did sell them. Forgot to update the ad
  13. MSH

R to 8Y RS3

I think if the RS3 Sportback would have come to the States I may have gone for it over what I recently replaced my R with which is a F87 M2 Comp. Although, I really wanted to get back to BMW, manual and RWD, so don't know if it would have been enough to sway me. The M2 still has a lot of old...
  14. MSH

Mk7R vs 997 GT3RS

love it! We are so fortunate to have such great roads right out the garage!
  15. MSH

Boys, what do you think about the new M2

I think this is one of those agree to disagree scenarios, but seems to me he knows what he is getting into with the cars (718, C8, Emira, Golf R, M2) he's looked at/considering in terms of driving across country. He referenced a Golf R when he made the cross country statement, so if he's willing...
  16. MSH

You aren't finding a new G82 M4 for the budget the OP is looking at. Even a base M4 in a manual you are spending north of $80k "Never considered the M2 cause I thought it’d be 80k. It’s 68k as I’d spec it LOADED, wait is 18 months, it’d never see the track. So bros, your thoughts on specs...
  17. MSH

I do!........I think the G87 is terrible looking. Even the G8x M3/M4's kind of grew on me a touch even with the elephant grille but this G87 no f**king way I ever like that thing. Its just a pig from every angle IMO....and BTW it's literally a pig...almost 4k lbs for an M2?? thats nuts. I love...
  18. MSH

FS: EQT Vortex XL - $1300 + Shipping. ~25k miles. - CONUS

this. I just sold my stage 3 Golf R and LOTS of parts. Facebook, by a landslide, was the most effective platform to sell on,. I'm old school and still love the forums but if you want to sell stuff the forums suck compared to Facebook.
  19. MSH

PowerDemon’s '15 MK7

My M2C arrives on enclosed trailer from FL on Saturday so definitely will. Here it is parked next to one of the new G87 M2s. The seller of the M2C I'm buying it from is a Tech Lead at a dealership in FL and they just received their first allocation. I just think they are tragic looking. The only...