GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Black&WhiteGTI

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I never took the front bumper off the car, but my radar is located in the lower grill, so who knows what might've happened to it. I ended up looking at the Live Data to see if the radar was misaligned. Horizontal Angle Deviation @ -0.282 degrees & Vertical Angle Deviation @ 0.468 degrees. The...
  2. Black&WhiteGTI

This might just have to do with misalignment/bad calibration of the front radar, but I have been noticing my Adaptive Cruise Control distance growing over time. I always keep it on the closest setting. Back when I got the car it would keep 2-3 car lengths at ~75mph. Nowadays it keeps a full semi...
  3. Black&WhiteGTI

First parking buddy

It is a Euro Touareg. It had the cool euro turn signals that we can’t get here. I don’t know why they brought over a Touareg instead of just using an Atlas.
  4. Black&WhiteGTI

First parking buddy

Today I finally saw a new body style Touareg R going NE on 44. I wonder if I spooked him because when I caught up to it to get a look, he floored it. It has some nice get up and go though. I wonder what it was they were doing. The decals on the door and tailgate are disclaimers that they are...
  5. Black&WhiteGTI

Made a seemingly minor code change and now my car is stupid.

That sounds really odd. I have that enabled on mine and so far no issues. I manually change the codes through long coding partly because I was under the impression that the apps in OBDeleven were user created and I can't preview the coding changes before they happen. If you used an app, perhaps...
  6. Black&WhiteGTI

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I can add a positive review to the DAP mk7.5 taillights. I have had mine for a couple of years and they work well. I did need to reinstall the stock taillights because a mouse chewed through the brake light switch wires and I paid $200 for the first dealer I took my car to tell me that they did...
  7. Black&WhiteGTI

I have a question that I haven't found anyone ask before... I have water accumulating between the weatherstripping on the ext. for wind noise and the weatherstripping to the interior when it rains. I believe it only happens when I park my car on my steep driveway. When I took this video it had...
  8. Black&WhiteGTI

Yesterday morning I drained my door sills :/ Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15chnCg2Zoy7bttnG6isW6QV9uDataoz-/view?usp=sharing It holds water on both sides, I presume because my driveway is steep and the weatherstripping placed to cut down on wind noise that is on the rear corner...
  9. Black&WhiteGTI

TIRE RECOMMENDATIONS

I have been pleased with the Westlake SA-07 tires that came on my car. To be fair — I don’t have a lot of experience with any other tires. If I remember correctly, you can get wheelspin in second gear (I am thinwith colder tires). To me, these tires make the gti feel as controlled around corners...
  10. Black&WhiteGTI

Ah I see, when the DV sensor is unplugged the whole system stays closed. I was confused because I just figured that the DV and wastegate worked together (differently). The DV mainly prevents compressor surge and the wastegate limits the maximum psi the turbo can achieve.
  11. Black&WhiteGTI

What is the difference between adding a BOV and just unplugging the diverter valve sensor plug?
  12. Black&WhiteGTI

Today I remembered that GTI’s aren’t built super well. Has anyone noticed how poorly fitted their weather strips are on the rear doors?
  13. Black&WhiteGTI

Not really. The one with park assist will have holes for the parking sensors (park pilot). I know that the mk7 there has different amounts of parking sensors too. If you just have parking sensors and not the self parking (park assist) then you will only have 4 holes. If you have the self...
  14. Black&WhiteGTI

Vw updated the window switches. I can’t find the part number right now. They fixed a bunch of issues with the window switches not working and rattling. (Look for the window switches that have all 4 controls and the child lockout in one for the updated one) it should be like $40. Also I’m...
  15. Black&WhiteGTI

40k DSG Service shops

This might need to go into the stupid questions thread but You seem knowledgeable lol. I got my GTI serviced yesterday for the 60k DSG service. As far as I know it should be the first service my car had. I have the pre facelift 6 speed. But I have some questions.. Preface: I live in a very...
  16. Black&WhiteGTI

I have been curious about how rational it would be to get a grille cover (lower) for my car during the winter. I have a very short commute and if it were not for me idling my car after I arrive at my destination, the oil temp won’t resister. I don’t think the car needs the ~20° air when the...
  17. Black&WhiteGTI

Oil or Coolant leak help

FWIW I have had to top up the coolant twice in the last 3 years specifically in the somewhat colder months. No noticeable leaks or drips on the ground and the engine bay looks dry.
  18. Black&WhiteGTI

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Well I got a letter about a recall in the mail :) . . . To be fair, the peeling center counsel trim has been bugging me forever so I'm happy to get a new piece for free.
  19. Black&WhiteGTI

I hit 60,000 miles yesterday. I guess I need to take it in for a DSG service. What prices should I expect to see and is it worth doing it myself? Also would it be reasonable to assume that engine mounts might be going out? I have a roughness at idle and my my rpms stay consistent.
  20. Black&WhiteGTI

Well it is just the general glow of them. They just glow extremely bright. My parking lights illuminate the whole front end of the white F150 that parks in front of me (it has a small lift kit on it, too). I compared my car to my friend's Tesla Model 3 today. His parking lights were not bright...