GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cognomen

OEM Audi Jack Pad Adapters + Trim

I have the audi jack pads installed, and today I jacked up my car from the passenger side front jack pad, and the 'front jack socket' (P/N 8V0802846) cracked with a loud bang. It's mostly intact, and I could reinstall it minus the pieces that broke off... but some of the plastic surround just...
  2. Cognomen

Downpipe install difficulty - Unitronic DP (old ver.) wisdom needed

Update: I installed the CTS downpipe with no issues. Stage 2 EQT OTS map works very nicely. Also, the mystery gas smell wasn't coming from the car. :rolleyes: Evidently I have a leaky weed whacker; the timing was just awesome. I thought you guys might get a kick out of that. Hey, at least it...
  3. Cognomen

Turns out, the smell is not entirely gone, but is greatly reduced. I was doing some research and I saw that the hose leading to the HPFP runs right alongside where I was working on the downpipe from above in the engine bay. I know I probably put some weight on the stuff over there by planting...
  4. Cognomen

I don't do that - I just stop the first time it clicks off.
  5. Cognomen

Update on the gas smell - last night the smell was still present after putting the car back down. I left my garage door cracked so the fumes wouldn't build up. This morning I closed the garage again and re-checked after a time, and there was no more smell. To be clear, I had the jack stands...
  6. Cognomen

Well, that's no fun to think about - that's the sort of thing you don't hear about in online reviews, I guess. Your downpipe was my first choice about a year ago, but you had a waiting list and I didn't have funds to play with. Now the price has gone up well beyond what I'm able to manage. ;)...
  7. Cognomen

I have a CTS downpipe on order. Hopefully, it comes quickly from Tampa. I have a related side issue though - my car is currently on jack stands (front end only) with no downpipe installed and my garage reeks of fresh gas. It's freaking my wife out. :sneaky: I don't see any leaks under the car...
  8. Cognomen

Thanks very much for looking for info. I just sat down to start doing the same - the thread you linked has a Unitronic rep saying the DP (the old revision) isn't a direct fit for cars with the performance package... ouch. You'd think that detail would have been front and center on their website...
  9. Cognomen

Update: I am 90% sure this is why Unitronic updated the design of their DP. It looks like I have the choice of not using the engine block mounting points, or getting a different DP. Would be happy to hear why I'm wrong about this.
  10. Cognomen

Hello all, I am installing a used Unitronic downpipe (the old version with the "C" shaped section which contains the cat and O2 sensor) on a Mk7.5 GTI. My issue is, the bottom of the "C" pipe is really close to a drivetrain-related assembly (maybe the diff?) - so close that I can't slip the...
  11. Cognomen

Tirerack says Motegi MR131's won't fit

As discussed earlier in the thread, we do not have the same exact wheels. You have the 17x7 wheel rather than 17x8, which have a different geometry. The calipers are alarmingly close to the wheel in my setup, but I have a host of folks who run the 17x8 wheel saying they had no issues.
  12. Cognomen

This is how it turned out. Now, if I could only get this white scuzz to come off the tires. :confused:
  13. Cognomen

I am able to confirm, the wheels fit. I had to wait to put them on the car, due to another issue which required me to bring it in to the dealership. (I found shipping pucks in the suspension.) The car is now lowered on Neuspeed sport springs, and I'm running the aforementioned Motegi MR131...
  14. Cognomen

Found shipping pucks at 13k miles

So, just to conclude this, I got the car back yesterday from the dealership. They inspected the suspension and found cracked strut bearings. They kept the car overnight so they could get the parts in. After that, they performed the following, free of charge: Replaced strut dust boots Replaced...
  15. Cognomen

SOLD: 2016 MK7R DSG - Stage1, 2 Part-Out

Does the downpipe fit a mk7.5 GTI? Seems like some DP's can mate to an IS20 or an IS38, just needing a different V-band. Evidently they stopped making this DP so I can't find fitment info in any of the online stores.
  16. Cognomen

Just an update - I'll be dropping my GTI off at the dealership early next week. The service manager agreed to inspect the suspension for damage, and install my springs, since they will have my suspension apart anyhow. (This took a little bit of arguing, but not too bad.) After putting one of...
  17. Cognomen

235/45R18’s

I have a new 235/45R17 on 17x8 ET40 setup and was searching to see if I would rub, if lowered an inch or so. This gives me hope. Definitely check - I made one of the recent shipping puck posts. I am going to bring my GTI in to check for damage on Friday most likely.
  18. Cognomen

Good to know, thanks. I have some VWR springs I have not installed, however I think they might take it lower than I'd like. A 1" drop seems ideal. I might be better off selling them while still brand new and getting something else. After some research I'd probably go with Neuspeed's sport...
  19. Cognomen

No, I don't think VWoA would. I don't think the dealership would, either. I was just saying that would be ideal as far as fairness in my opinion. I don't think I would even bother asking for that - though if they seem open to ideas I might ask for them to put DG springs back on, instead of my...