GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Mine couldn't give me a clear answer. They said they follow whatever their computer tells them to do, ODIS I think they mentioned. I wanted an invoice saying they performed the update and they wouldn't provide it.
  2. C

Is there an easy way to check they did the update?
  3. C

According to the findings, https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/2019-gti-6mt-stalling-issue.363310/post-7463806 The low oil pressure is advancing the timing, not retarding. Also, assuming the oil pumps are positive displacement pumps, they are ideally constant flow machines at...
  4. C

See if you can access this facebook link https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTE2NTAxMjUzMzQ6Vks6MjE0NDUwNjgyMjMwNTY3Ng%3D%3D The following youtube link I thought was an excellent explanation of the system. I have no idea if this is applicable to our cars, or how...
  5. C

I'm going by anecdotal evidence by some on here and the Facebook group. If changing oil was the solution, then some of those that did would not have continued stalling. Which begs the other question, does the oil system actually produce much lower oil pressures than before and how does that...
  6. C

Was the Silao Mexico plant not making all previous gti engines? I.e. is it a design issue, or a manufacturing issue? What tolerance stacked up caused the problem? I.e. dimensions of what components were causing low oil pressure? If the problem is with the oil pressure in the vanes of the cam...
  7. C

Has anyone ever done a dyno on a before and after software flash to confirm if any change to drivability? 0.0001% chance of something changing, but just thought I'd ask.
  8. C

Where is the trip information stored

To confirm, it's this part I am talking about: https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2019_GTI/Engine-Control-Module/75762170/5G0906259Q.html Mine was replaced but all information like trip and fuel economy was retained so I was curious where that information is stored, or whether transferring the...
  9. C

Where is the trip information stored

Wondering if an ecu was changed on a car, would the trip computer be reset? Fuel economy data be reset? Radio and phone settings reset? If all those settings are stored in different subsystems, what would be an obvious change someone could notice IF an ECU was changed (except the key fob kessy...
  10. C

How to drive faster!

Just dont complain when they stop making manuals because of sales going down due to 'enthusiasts' discouraging people from buying manuals.
  11. C

How to drive faster!

And what percentage of road courses are straight lines 100% throttle? Dsgs are geared for better acceleration as well. Is the argument whether 100lbs is more of a deficit than better gearing and quicker gear changes and less weight shifting and less errors made?
  12. C

How to drive faster!

As are others. Try doing datalogging of a dsg vs a manual. My guess is you'd be surprised how much time is lost shifting or not maximizing braking whilst heel toeing. Manual always wins the fun and marketing battle tho. On topic, I remember the first time I bought a car was the first time I...
  13. C

How to drive faster!

Not true. I cant think of a single situation where the clutch would help a fwd car on good grip tracks. Anyways, dont want to hijack this thread.
  14. C

How to drive faster!

Dsg will win if it's a matter of winning or losing. Chicago area may not have good drivers with a dsg. The amount of variables in nailing a shift accelerating is one thing. The advantage during braking is probably the biggest unseen advantage, due to not having to split your attention between...
  15. C

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

Someone who owns an 18gti said their 6spd dsg doesnt autoupshift in 1st or 2nd gear so you can bang on the rev limiter, true or false? This is a big plus over the 7spd if true. 7spd definitely does some clutch riding when taking off from a stop as I could have sworn I noticed the rpms holding...
  16. C

New Fluid Interval for 7spd DSG? 80k now

What's interesting is that from the link, non dsg canadian trannys are filled for life whereas usa has an 80k interval, LOL. Unless Canadians get some special sauce, seems like the difference between usa and canadian warranties force vw to specify a service interval difference such that...
  17. C

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

So Fuchs has a marginally higher HTHS than the others. If this is the only thing that's important, you might as well go to a thicker oil. Or, you could use the expensive boutique oil and pay for a lower tbn value. What I agree with you on is every oil is fine for 95% of gti owners. I just...
  18. C

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

Do you own liquimoly or Fuchs? From all the data linked to this thread, can you just copy paste the graph showing what makes these two products so superior for the 2019s? If you dont have any data, can you just state a 'just in my opinion' disclaimer so people arent confused?
  19. C

Only took 4 days. Pics of clutch.

If there is a concern of crankwalk, and you are planning to put a stiffer clutch in there, it might exacerbate the problem. Just confirm with your dealer you would be covered under warranty if that did happen.