GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. WFox93

Replacement Shift Boot Trim *Nevermind*

So I pulled my shift boot up today to "rehome" my shifter and managed to break the two clips that hold the silver trim piece in. I was able to pull it off the boot base to bring it inside but having no luck finding it using the numbers on the trim. All I can find is the whole shifter assembly...
  2. WFox93

FS: 2017 GTI Sport OEM Brake Calipers **SOLD**

$250 Shipped within continental US Swapped my stock brakes out and no longer need the stock calipers. comes with lines and pads. Unsure of mileage or brand/model of pads but definitely have some life left in them. Lines and Calipers were taken off at about 48,000 Miles.
  3. WFox93

Koni Yellow Top Strut Nut Question

I'm cooking up a suspension overhaul with H&R OE Sports and Koni Yellows. I think I've got all the info I need and all the mounts, bearings, nuts and bolts hanging out on a wish list waiting for me to pull the trigger but one thing I can't seem to find is the Top Strut Nut size. Same with the...
  4. WFox93

CV Joint Removal Question

So I have a busted CV boot and have been working to remove the joint to replace the boot. I couldn't find much info on this but everything down there looked similar enough to the MK5 which does have a lot of videos on it. I found a few that showed how you can drive the old axle bolt into the...
  5. WFox93

RSB and Endlinks

Hey guys I'm leaning towards wanting to upgrade my rear sway bar and am seeing companies recommend their end links and others not mention endlinks at all. My question is, going to a 24 or 25mm rear sway bar, is it required, or just recommended to replace the endlinks as well? How much is the...
  6. WFox93

WFox's Autocross Journal

Alright, so I wrote up about my first time autocrossing a few weeks back over here. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=812916#post812916 I thought it might be cool to keep a sort of log on all my events and be able to share my experience with you guys and maybe gain some advice...
  7. WFox93

First Time Ever Autocrossing

This past Sunday I finally decided to pull the trigger on going to try autocross. I've heard the MK7 Is an excellent car for it and based on the fact I never feel like I'm getting close to its limit on the road driving enthusiastically, I wanted to give it a shot. First thing's first, holy...
  8. WFox93

MAPerformace Intake SAI Filter Placement (Lower SAI Filter)

So I tried searching around but either my terms are too vague or this hasn't been discussed too much. I just ordered the MAPerformance intake and was looking closer at where they relocated the SAI filter to and it was way down underneath the car, directly on the pump. Is there any concern with...
  9. WFox93

Hey hey - Intro

Hey guys, Didn't see an introduction page so I figured the Off Topic section would be the best place to do it. I'm new to the forum after the other one (vortex) got a little frustrating. Anyway, I'm a long time VW owner. I've built a couple beetles with my dad. My second car was B3 Passat and...