GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

APR Stage 1 ECU + TCU Tunes - 1,000 Mile Detailed Review

Recently, I got the APR Stage 1 High TQ 93 ECU tune and the APR TCU tune. Since then, I've put 1,000 miles on my car and want to share my impressions and feedback. 1. Don't expect to feel a huge difference in power right away. When I drove home from my tuner, I was a bit let down. It felt a...
  2. H

SOLD: BMS JB1 with Data Cable

Reduced to $190 (shipped). $180 local.
  3. H

Bump. For clarification, data cable is included. Revision 2 JB1. Full working order. All plugs and cables are in excellent condition. Price is $200 shipped, but if picked up locally in the Northern VA/DC Metro Area, I will do $185. Selling unit so I can upgrade my golf clubs...Let's make...
  4. H

SOLD. Great condition. $200 $190 shipped. Or local pick-up near Northern VA.
  5. H

Two kids! Double strollers

Before my first son was born, my wife had a 370Z and I had my current 2017 GTI. Obviously, she had to move to a bigger vehicle, so we bought a Mazda CX-5 (less than a year before it was offered with a turbo, sadly). The CX-5 has done its job well, but we've been surprised at how well the GTI...
  6. H

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Stupid question here. Is there potential for any ECU damage if I tuck my JB1 Rev 2 between the battery and ECU? I have read several posts about people doing this, but most of them appear to be JB Rev 1 units. With the Rev 2 it's an extremely tight fit, and I wouldn't want to put undue stress...
  7. H

Injen SP Intake and Performance Changes

If you read posts about open intakes on this forum, many suggest that they do reduce power, especially down low. I would think that after the air goes through the turbo, intake temp wouldn't really matter and your intercooler would have more of an impact on performance. I think that maybe the...
  8. H

I am thinking that too. I was probably right on the edge and whatever difference the intake made put me over. I always run 93 octane fuel, so it hasn't been an issue. Everything just seems a little smoother when my FOL is at 25, so I set boost to 4.6 vs. 4.8.
  9. H

So I installed an Injen SP intake recently. Yes, yes, I know...huge mistake, right? Well for me, not so far. I did not buy it for power. I bought it for more induction sounds, which I very much enjoy, and as a dad in my mid-30s, it's one of the final semblances of youth/juvenile stupidity...
  10. H

18" BBS CO (Maryland)

PM sent
  11. H

Total Bonehead Move. Help Please.

I was putting my shifter back on. When I did the initial install a while back the boot scrunched a bit when I ziptied it. It was bothering me, so I uninstalled everything and started over. When reinstalling the adapter I forgot to snug down the bottom bolts, so when I twisted the knob onto...
  12. H

Thanks. I'm rolling with this contraption for now (with the knob installed over it) I got a replacement unit super cheap from a junkyard, but will probably wait until my next service to have it installed if I think I need to.
  13. H

Thanks for sharing. A friend of mine is close with the owner of a junkyard and he was able to get an assembly for me today. If you don't mind me asking, how much did your shop charge for labor to install?
  14. H

Hello. Earlier this evening I was reinstalling my BFI DSG shift knob, and I accidentally broke the white plastic shift linkage ("plunger"?), specifically the loop that the BFI screw passes through. Pic attached of the part I'm referring to (what it looks like when not broken). I wrapped the...
  15. H

Piggyback Connectors and Warranty Claims

That's frustrating. Other than potential warranty work, I avoid the dealer for service these days too.
  16. H

Thanks everybody. Point made. Seems like this is a non-issue.
  17. H

Nice. Is this documented anywhere or do you know from personal experience? Thanks.
  18. H

Hello, Just wondering if anyone has made a warranty claim and received negative feedback or questions from the dealer because of scratches/tool marks on piggyback connectors, such as plug D on JB4. I imagine that techs might look for evidence of a piggyback by inspecting the connectors. I...
  19. H

Fairfax VW Service

Does anyone have any experience with the mod-friendliness of Fairfax VW's service department? I.e. have they tried to work with you on warranty claims rather than denying outright? Thanks! Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk