GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Moog endlinks - do these bushings look alright?

Thanks, didn't realize this. I guess I get to go treat myself to a new tool. Fortunately, both of them are mobile without too much force and seem consistent between the two.
  2. M

Moog endlinks - do these bushings look alright?

I just received a set of Moog Endlinks for my GTI - getting paired with an H&R 24mm RSB, and I noticed some asymmetry in the amount of bushing that's visible. The position of the stud (where it will attach to the end of the bar) looks OK, it's just the amount of rubber protruding from the main...
  3. M

SOLD: Solid shift cable end links for MK7 - $50 shipped

ECS Tuning Billet Adjustable Shifter Cable End Links https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/billet-adjustable-shifter-cable-end-link-kit-85mm-10mm/018835ecs01-02kt/ Brand new, still in the package. I bought these, then decided I wanted to go all out and get a short shifter (that came with its...
  4. M

Your Mk7 year/mileage

2016 58k and some change
  5. M

Steering wheel trim

Sorry about the necro, but I came on to post a picture exactly like the OP's that I took this morning when I noticed my trim peeling (2016 GTI SE). Is this the same type of trim as the one in the center console that cuts to the bone or a little more benign? If it's the same, I would imagine...
  6. M

Vermont Shops for Clutch and RMS install

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give them a call, I literally drive past this place 4 times a day during the week and have always been intrigued with what I see sitting out front.
  7. M

I ended up reaching out to iABED to see who in my area was a certified installer. They said Montreal or Lee, NH - 3 hours away. They put me in touch with Marc at EFI Express (Lee, NH) and he quoted me 7 hours for labor at a very reasonable rate. Since VT has some strict travel restrictions...
  8. M

I live in the Vermont-Greater Burlington Area and looking to see if anyone had any shop recommendations for a clutch install and a RMS. 2016 GTI PP, looking to get a tune soon, and wanted to do the right thing and tackle the clutch now. I'm looking at the RSR from HS Tuning and the IABED RMS...
  9. M

Air condition setting memory

I've got a 16SE, I'm assuming this can be done with VCDS as well. Anyone have experience with that coding?
  10. M

Waste Gate Trouble

Yes, they covered it under powertrain.
  11. M

Waste Gate Trouble

If you're seeing it persist through restarts, especially day after day, I bet it's the WG. I also have a 16 GTI SE, and had the a couple one off EPC's that went away and left no worthwhile codes. Then all of a sudden it happened consistently, took it in, new turbo from VW.
  12. M

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Sorry, original comment got lost in all of the replies. This was the famous stuck wastegate actuator.
  13. M

IS20 Turbo Longevity

I didn't have a VCDS at the time. I had an EPC light and loss of power (fixed on restart) the day I bought the car (39k on it), and then it was fine for months. About 6 months in I again saw an EPC light and loss of power again, also fixed on restart. Next day same thing, took it into the...
  14. M

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Stock, under 50k, waste-gate actuator issue, turbo replaced under powertrain.
  15. M

Rain sensing wipers - won't stop wiping when enabled

Is this something I can take care of myself?
  16. M

Rain sensing wipers - won't stop wiping when enabled

2016 GTI PP SE (no DAP) - North America I've enabled "automatic wiping during rain" setting and set the wiper stalk to INT. Regardless of the INT level (which I understand is for sensor sensitivity) or whether I start the car with the stalk in INT or not I get the same behavior. Which is to...
  17. M

Android Auto - not responding when trying to hang up with touch screen

When I am in a call on Android Auto and go to hang up the call, the red end call icon on the touch screen is unresponsive to my touch more times then not. I do not believe that this is a touch screen issue, as this screen location lines up exactly with play/pause for Spotify, and this works...