GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

GTI with Bilstein B16 (Damptronic)

You’ve read a lot of bad experiences with Bilstein coilovers? What specifically?
  2. J

GTI with Bilstein B16 (Damptronic)

Is that the ride height with them installed the same way you posted photos of the spring collars almost bottomed out?
  3. J

coilovers

Eqt doesnt make coilovers for the golf with 50mm up front
  4. J

Free: Tux Mats (Driver/Passenger)

I’ll take them! Pm’d you
  5. J

ST XA or Bilstein B14 Coilovers?

I currently have VWR lowering springs on stock shocks. It doesnt handle bumps very well, and im not overly picky with a stiff ride. I just dont want it to be jarring and feel like I have no suspension at all. Some coilovers are just ridiculous.
  6. J

No. And i prefer to run stock top bushing/bearing as well anyways for comfort and less NVH.
  7. J

Narrowed it down to 2 different coilovers for my MK7 Golf 1.8T (50mm spindles up front). 1. ST XA 2. Bilstein B14 PSS Goals: Ride quality for daily driving, nothing overly expensive, zero track time, replace my stock shocks + VWR lowering spring combo I realize ST XA are basically KW V2's...
  8. J

Coilovers or Aftermarket Struts + Springs for Daily Driver?

Just for the record, I am just a TSI, not a GTI or an R. EQT coilovers do not make a 50mm option that fits my car, and I won’t be swapping knuckles etc.
  9. J

Are the swift spring upgrades worth it for street driving? I dont track at all. also, their FAQ section on their website says the pillowball mounts increase driving noise by quite a bit… does anyone have experience with that? Is it annoying?
  10. J

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

@Ed @ EQT Do you folks make these coilovers for the Tsi model with the 50mm spindles up front instead of the 55mm that come on the GTI and R models?
  11. J

Indeed I have. I see it says “52 mm body”. But Tsi is 50, and GTI is 55. So i have no idea if these are compatible with the Tsi models. https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/eqt-balance-line-coilovers-vw-mqb-mk7-gti-golf-r-audi-a3-s3-audi-tt-tts
  12. J

Do they make the EQT coilovers for the 1.8t (50mm spindle) ? I can only find those for GTI / R etc
  13. J

Also worth mentioning Im a regular Golf 1.8 TSI. So 50mm width not 55mm. Which gives different coilover choices to a certain extent.
  14. J

Considering doing the Bilstein B14’s now actually. Seems like it would be in the ballpark area of my VWR springs ride height, with ability to still go lower. Also read that with these, running them too close to their lowest setting really affects the ride quality.
  15. J

Could you PM me a pic of the car so I can see what kind of ride height I’d be expecting? :)
  16. J

I know there’s tons of info on various forums on this topic, and I continuously read mixed reviews on everything of course. So I wanted to spark some conversation around your personal experiences running coilovers vs. struts and lowering spring combos. I’m currently on stock struts with VWR...
  17. J

Misfire after Unitronic Stage 2 IS20

I have all the supporting mods, as well as Chevron 94 octane and I mixed some ethanol to get to an E20 content which took away all timing reductions. Issue still persisted. Are you DSG trans, or the regular auto 6spd slushbox ? friend of mine put the exact turbo that was on my car, on his car...