GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. The Goose

Eurodyne Updates

The Toyo Celsius tires will probably like less power. Last winter the fronts took a beating. LOL
  2. The Goose

Eurodyne Updates

So I put my stock dp back on to pass emissions, and flashed back to stock. Winter wheels and tires are about to go on this weekend. Would it be crazy to just load up the 1.5 adjustable with my IS38+ and keep the stock dp on for the winter?
  3. The Goose

Going on a cross country drive...question about changing tune

I wouldn't change anything. Fill up and go.
  4. The Goose

CV Axle Replacements

Can anyone tell me the difference between these? Both say they fit. https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_GTI/CV-Axle-Assembly/55486470/5Q6407271E.html https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_GTI-SE-Hatchback-20L-AT/CV-Axle-Assembly/54240118/5QM407271E.html?clickSource=relatedProduct
  5. The Goose

CV Axle Replacements

Left is the drivers side, correct? Looks like it fits everything. 5QM407271E https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_GTI-SE-Hatchback-20L-AT/CV-Axle-Assembly/54240118/5QM407271E.html?clickSource=relatedProduct
  6. The Goose

Catch Can Filling Up Too Fast When Tracking

Oof that guy's more than the APR one. Gotta pay to play I suppose.
  7. The Goose

DQ250 to DQ381 Swap

Anything is possible with enough time and money. There are some people in the big turbo group swapping in dq500 gearboxes, so I would think it's possible to do the dq381. The easiest answer would be dq250 with LSD.
  8. The Goose

CV Axle Replacements

Who's had to replace a CV Axle? What did you do? OEM, aftermarket cheapie, or upgrade? I had Raxles on my old mk4 GTI, anybody go that route? Waiting for a quote from them, but not sure if I want to bite that bullet with it since OEM lasted this long with 84k, tons of autox, and a track day.
  9. The Goose

Yeah, no track tires, but I do have dedicated summer and winter wheels, was running the 280tw advan apex v601. This thing is my daily driver, so I'm not getting too crazy. What catch can are you running? Sounds like results may vary.
  10. The Goose

So had my first track day on Saturday, and sounds like it might be my last. After the first session, I was told that at the end of the straight where I was hitting 123 and slamming on the brakes for turn 1, I was puffing a ton of smoke. Took it way easier for the rest of the day, but it sounds...
  11. The Goose

Immature kids and their BOVs

Nah, that's doing the Lord's work.
  12. The Goose

Eurodyne Updates

The VCDS auto scan was failure to connect on like all but two modules. Apparently there were some optional upgrades that I didn't do when I did all the others, one was "intel USB" something or other. Running like a champ now.
  13. The Goose

Eurodyne Updates

Yeah, First I flashed, the stock pp file. Then I clicked show original file, and loaded 5G0906259L _0002_Stock.edf. Same thing "transmission faulty, safely stop the vehicle!". Then realized that was for maestro users. Then tried going back to the IS38 adjustable that I was on...
  14. The Goose

Eurodyne Updates

Did I just brick my shit? Have to pass emissions, so I threw the stock dp back on and went to flash back to stock. Go through the motions, turn off ignition, turn it back on, says done. Now the car says "transmission faulty, safely stop vehicle" and it won't start. WTF? Had it on a charger...
  15. The Goose

Nearly 70k on OE clutch, Stage 1+; replace clutch now or wait?

I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  16. The Goose

Diverter Valve Connector Keeps Coming Off

So did they replace the plug or the DV?
  17. The Goose

Yeah I think you're right. It seems to fit a little loose. Still weird that it would pop off though, right? Please come back and let us know how it goes. I'm busy and lazy so will probably just zip tie it at the next autox on the 18th. I guess if worse comes to worse I could swap the...
  18. The Goose

That's what's so weird. After the first time it happened today, I pushed it down until it clicked and pulled up really hard and it didn't come off. Yet somehow it came off two more times. It does seem like there is a little bit of play (maybe a mm or two) between the click and when it's fully...
  19. The Goose

So the connector on my diverter valve keeps coming off when I'm autocrossing. Happened once a a few months ago. Scanned it (got something like the codes below), opened the hood and the connector was off. A-HA! I'm a idiot, just put on the IS38+ must not have plugged it in tight. So I plug...