GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Battery Change - Car UNDRIVEABLE

I guess they couldn’t engineer for stupidity... Yea, there was definitely something else going on. All of the lights stayed on the whole ride home, along with locked steering wheel. It was a PITA to make turns
  2. I

So I’ve checked the fuse links right now and cannot visually tell of any scorch or burn marks. It all looks normal. I’ve checked the engine and dash fuses, and they are all still solid except the F19 fuse, which I’m going to go replace now. However, the brand new battery I bought yesterday is...
  3. I

Yea, my vehicle does not come with any modules on the negative terminal. So I think I'm safe on that part. As far as the fused linkages go, how can I inspect those to see there are issues with them? I've never dealt with this sort of issue before, and have no experience with wiring and fuses.
  4. I

I will check the error codes in the morning. I scanned and reset them all, but haven't noted any of them yet. As far as the battery coding...I just found out a few minutes ago that coding is required to change the battery? Some posts say that coding is only required for the European GTIs, and...
  5. I

Thank you for the diagram. Would you happen to know as to what fuse correlates to the power steering, and or alternator fuse? I checked all my colored fuses and the only blown fuse I see is F19, which looks like it relates to "Wiper motor control module -J400- " "Windscreen wipers (front)"
  6. I

So my battery randomly died when I was washing my car. I ran out and bought a new one. When I tried installing it, I accidentally hooked the battery up backwards since it was night and I was not paying attention. My car alarm shot on as soon as I connected both terminals, and I quickly unplugged...
  7. I

Removing the rocker panel trim??

i used a small rubber mallet and hammer, I turned my wheel to one side and whacked at it a few times and the skirts came off with ease. did the same thing to put them back on, but from the rear.
  8. I

Double DRL on bi-xenon headlights

My question is; would I be able to use the BEC/HELIX aftermarket lights on my MK7 LP, *with* losing the cornering and adaptive features? My LP lights are in pretty bad shape, and I don't really care for the features on the Bi-xenon LP lights. So as long as the aftermarket lights worked, I...
  9. I

Removing the rocker panel trim??

I’ve atttempted this but my skirts aren’t moving anywhere... I’m trying to yank them towards the rear of the car but it’s not budging. Maybe a mallet?
  10. I

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

Selling my IE intake. This is the V1. Comes with the secondary intake as well. Best offer gets it. Located in the Central Valley.
  11. I

MK7 GTI DIY oil change

Great! Thank you for the quick reply and useful info!
  12. I

MK7 GTI DIY oil change

So I checked the last 5 pages of this thread but Didn’t see anyone mentioning if the car has to be leveled in order to extract the engine oil? I’m lowered, so I don’t have any clearance down there. I have a set of ramps, but I’m wondering if I would need to jack and level the rear up in order...
  13. I

DSG service method....

What’s the easiest way to Jack the car up and have it leveled in order for the fluid to drain properly at the bottom? Which jacking points should I place my stands / jack at?
  14. I

Boost leak after CTS Turbo Muffle Delete installed

How’s it been holding up since? Did you figure out what the issue was?
  15. I

APR testing new beta tune for r/gti

Can anybody tell me the exact version of the newest updated files? I just needed something I can reference to my tuner to make sure I got what I paid for, because after getting a high torque stage 2 tune with the aggressive pops and bangs, my car doesn’t really feel that much more powerful than...
  16. I

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

WTT APR Catback exhaust for Borla Catback. I’m immature and want a louder exhaust. I love the figment and quality of my APR exhaust, but just looking for something louder. Willing to meet up at a exhaust shop and swap them preferably. Fine with even trades. Or exhaust plus cash or other...
  17. I

Can’t fix negative camber

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go with the CTS subframe kit (CTS-HW-262 ) and will hopefully find a shop that will install this for me over the weekend.
  18. I

209 Modesto Stockton - VW shops ?

Any good tuners/shops located in the 209 area ( Stockton Modesto Lodi ) that know how to work on VW and Audi cars? Specifically suspension services? I'm having a tough time finding an alignment shop that will install a sub-frame kit on my GTI.
  19. I

What’s the difference between the Tyrolsport dead set kit and camber mounts/plates that you can purchase? reason I’m asking is because, I found a good deal on the 034 Camber Mounts, but I’m not sure if that would fix my problem. Or just to get the Tyrolsport kit? The local alignment shop here...
  20. I

Not the cheapest solution, but better than going through tires I suppose. I will look more into this kit, thank you. Is this something that a VW dealership might be able to install for me? It’s hard enough finding a alignment shop here that aligns lowered cars, yet alone ones that know how to...