GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SomeAircraftMech

Repeating fuel pump failure

Yes, the original came out busted. I'm the second owner, bought it at 5000 miles. I installed the second one the same way I took the old one out. Even verified the orientation with one of my buddies car he's the original owner of his.
  2. SomeAircraftMech

Update.. This is the 2nd time i've pulled it out and both the supports have been broke. First time was the stock one installed by the manufacturer, this is the second one.
  3. SomeAircraftMech

So a short while back (couple months ago) I was having a sharp power cut at between 4k and 5k, ran the datalog and could see a fuel dropoff in that range and rail pressure. In short replaced the LPFP and everything was fine, after a couple days of normal driving, ran the car through the full RPM...
  4. SomeAircraftMech

Strange boost issues?

Haha yea i know it doesnt do anything for performance. Been considering going back to the DV+ but trying to figure out what the issue is first.
  5. SomeAircraftMech

Strange boost issues?

Hey all, having some strange issues with boost recently, I'll start with this, car is 2017 GTI S, 64K miles, stage 2 EQT 93oct tune, IE intake, Baun FMIC, CTS DP, RS7 plugs, APR coils, Forge BOV, etc. Recently took a trip from NJ to FL and back car seemed fine except for getting stuck in...
  6. SomeAircraftMech

Sharp Power cutoff at 5000 RPM

I'm guessing the walboro, was thinking about the cts stage 3 kit since it comes with a walboro pump.
  7. SomeAircraftMech

Honestly I'd have thought I would have a code either way, also still newer to reading the datalogs. I saw your build thread as well and was wondering how long did the upgraded fuel pump take to do?
  8. SomeAircraftMech

true, just noticed that dropoff. still a bit of a noob to datalogs haha. thanks!
  9. SomeAircraftMech

Nah when I was searching forums I found someone with a similar issue who ended up having a cps issue that supposedly fixed it. Said he didn't have a code either. But the lpfp seems more accurate.
  10. SomeAircraftMech

Full tank of fresh 93, so no go on possible crank sensor?
  11. SomeAircraftMech

Yea 93, from the same place I always go
  12. SomeAircraftMech

https://datazap.me/u/fullspool/datalog?log=0&data=7-11
  13. SomeAircraftMech

It's datalogged. Not sure what to make of it though. Foot was to the floor but accel pedal showing max 74
  14. SomeAircraftMech

Help me guys/girls, just noticed this yesterday. Was doing a bit of spirited driving all AP info was normal no CEL, when out of nowhere at 5000 rpm it felt like I had hit the brakes for a second, a sharp power cutout in 2nd gear. Being curious I tried in 3rd and 4th while under WOT it would...
  15. SomeAircraftMech

JB4 off of mk7 GTI, NJ area.

JB4, used but in good condition in box. Comes with data cable. 300$
  16. SomeAircraftMech

COBB AP noob.

Facts, I have been sold on EQT for some time, I only bought the basic COBB because I could make 2 payments on it. Saving up for an EQT custom tune though. Heard nothing but awesome things with them especially dealings with ED.
  17. SomeAircraftMech

COBB AP noob.

hey guys, So I'm new to the whole accessport thing, was running JB4 prior, I get the basics of it and how to use it but have a few questions. I'm not really sure what parameters to be monitoring or what to pay close attention to, I know most monitor knock and timing and I'm not too familiar with...
  18. SomeAircraftMech

Intercooler and Downpipe?

Thanks for the input guys/girls its greatly appriciated, definitely gonna explore these options. Heard Jakes DP was damn good but went up in price, and pretty sure i read about that magic/majesty intercooler also, if im not mistaken it requires a bunch of little modifications for fitment...
  19. SomeAircraftMech

yep, newer to the forum and not sure how the rank up system works, i have definitely heard and read a bunch of GTiJake, also that the DP was less of a budget option from him anymore HAHA, but honestly gonna check it out.
  20. SomeAircraftMech

The time is near for upgrading these so I'm stuck and was looking for opinions. First, the intercooler, the few that i have moved into final consideration are the ECS FMIC w/ charge pipes, CTS FMIC, APR, and IE, I'm NOT considering a twintercooler.. I'm sure you all have recommendations so i'd...