GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 2

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

For a couple months I’ve been trying to figure out why I get the smell of a bakery/burning bread coming through the vents every time I come to a stop. I replaced the cabin filter, didn’t help at all. thought it was maybe something with the brakes heating up when coming to a stop. earlier I...
  2. 2

VW 3370 tool

Wanted to post this in case it helps anyone. I found a company that makes a replica of the VW 3370 special tool that’s used for pulling the vents/infotainment screen trim out, and they work super well. I decided I needed them after spraining my thumb the first time getting the vents out lmao...
  3. 2

Enable climate profiles for climatronic

For those of us with auto climate control and live in the US - there is a function in the climatronic disabled from factory called climate profiles. I don’t know if vw thought we weren’t smart enough to use it (fair enough), or, if it’s considered too premium of a feature for the Golf. It seems...
  4. 2

Inside intake manifold at 23k miles

I didn’t realize you can’t activate the intake flaps by hand, so unfortunately the view is not that great. But thought this may help anyone who’s curious about intake buildup. GTI only has 23k miles so I wouldn’t expect too much there, but I can see the beginnings of it, especially on the valve...
  5. 2

Size of PCV hole in CTS turbo inlet pipe/elbow

It's been a few weeks since I put my CTS turbo inlet elbow in but I just removed it today and put the stock one back in, after looking at more quality inlet elbows and getting buyer's remorse. I see that the hole for the PCV hose in some inlet elbows keeps the stock elbow's diameter while...
  6. 2

OEM Dynamic Mk7.5 taillights on AliExpress

I wanted to give a shout-out to the AliExpress seller "VW AG Store" I just received my Mk7.5 dynamic tail lights from because they honestly went above and beyond with my order. I've had the lights in my online cart for months and finally pulled the trigger last week. I paid $480 for all 4...
  7. 2

Did the driver's-side intake drill mod and added aluminum screen

Resulted in some more turbo noise and will hopefully help keep the intake temperature down for those hot summer days!