GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Laguna/Watkins Glen fit MK7.5?

Appreciate the reply. And the Brazilian story cracked me up!!
  2. D

Laguna/Watkins Glen fit MK7.5?

Anybody know whether the Laguna/Watkins Glen will fit a 2019 GTI Autobahn without use of hub rings or anything else?
  3. D

WTB - 18" Silver Pretoria

Let me know what you have. Closer to Chicago the better. Don't "need" tires but if they're wrapped with something in good shape it can be part of the deal. Thanks
  4. D

Installing cross bars - "profiled cover"??

thanks - it is a rubber strip that is 48" long - each cross bar is 36" long. Weird
  5. D

MK7.5 - front end tie-down?

My 2019 GTI does not appear to have a place to screw in the tow hook on the front bumper (just in the rear bumper). I need to tie down a canoe tomorrow. I've ordered hood loops but they won't get here in time. Any suggestion on what to use as a front tie down point? I'd prefer to use my...
  6. D

Installing cross bars - "profiled cover"??

I'm installing the OEM cross bars on my 2019 GTI. The parts include a rubber strip identified as "profiled cover" - the instructions say there are 2 but I received only 1 - but that's not my question. There is no other mention of this part anywhere in the instruction list - -so where does it...
  7. D

OEM Cross Bars - how high?

Thanks - this is precisely the info I need. Unfortunately, I believe that the crossbar part # changed for 2017 onward (MK 7.5) so may not be same for my 2019. New part number is 5G4071126 Can anybody give the above measurements for a MK 7.5 using part # 5G4071126?
  8. D

OEM Cross Bars - how high?

Can anybody tell me the measurement between the roof and the bottom of the rear cross bar using the OEM cross bar system on a MK7.5? I'm trying to figure out clearance from the sharkfin antenna for a canoe. Thanks
  9. D

Canoe on a 2019 GTI Autobahn?

thanks, all good info (particularly the hatch being blocked - so I avoid the "stoner" moment!). As for canoe vs kayak, I'm leaning canoe for 2 reasons - most importantly, I'm old and being able to switch positions - sitting, kneeling - makes it way more comfortable, even vs a SOT kayak. And...
  10. D

The canoe I'm looking at weighs 45 lbs. That's about the same as two decent bikes, which I think would be fine on top of the GTI. Now, the weight distribution is different but I'm hoping it works - any specific reason (other than the visual of the overhang) that you think it won't
  11. D

Thanks - but as this is my first experience hauling a canoe and its on my pristine 2019 GTI, I'm willing to pony up a few bucks to minimize the possibility of any situation that could damage the car (or the canoe or the guy driving behind me!).
  12. D

I'm looking at getting the OEM roof rack to carry a 13' canoe. I see the OEM kayak carrier (Part # 1K0-071-127-A) but nothing that is canoe specific. Anybody have any experience putting a canoe on the OEM kayak carrier? Or using any other options to put a canoe on their GTI ? Thanks
  13. D

Wheel Spin - Continental DWS06?

I get lots of wheel spin in my 2019 GTI Autobahn on stock Potenzas. For those of you who have swapped Potenzas to these Contis, can you describe any change in wheel spin, particularly from a dead stop (not a launch, just stepping on it from a light). Worth the $700ish? Note that I asked the...
  14. D

Wheel spin - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+?

I get lots of wheel spin in my 2019 GTI Autobahn on stock Potenzas. I've had the Michelins on other cars (AWD Audi) and was pleased with all levels of performance (comfort, dry, noise, wet, snow) but didn't really test wheel spin/grip due to AWD. For those of you who have swapped Potenzas to...
  15. D

should I trade up from 2019 GTI AB?

Yes, I know, a million of these threads and everybody's wants/needs are different. But here are mine: 1. Currently have 2019 Iron Blue AB, DSG - <5K, all stock. Love it except for wheel spin when I push it/its wet/its snowy. I'm in Chicago and I don't want to swap tires between summers and...
  16. D

Soundakator - stupid question?

In a 2019 Autobahn, if the soundakator is coded off - to zero - via VagCom, then there should be no change in perceived engine noise when switching between comfort, normal and sport, correct? I’m asking the dealer to code the soundakator off on my new car and I’m trying to figure out how to...
  17. D

7 Speed DSG impressions?

For those of you who have extensively driven both the 6 speed DSG and the 7 speed DSG, can you give your impressions of both - and which you prefer? Not much out there but bBest as I can tell from searching is that they drive very similarly except at 70+ cruising speed where the 7 speed is...
  18. D

2018 R - Homelink Mirror Standard?

Sorry but can't seem to find the answer to this... Does the 2018 Golf R, DSG, come standard with the homelink garage door opener in the mirror? Or is it a dealer-added option like on the GTI? Thanks
  19. D

Help me figure out this CarFax history?

In my search for a CPO, I came across this 2018 that is described as "Direct from VW of America" with the below CarFax entries. The six weeks of use and low miles seems weird to me. Anybody care to hazard a guess as to how it was used before it got from a Florida auction to the Minnesota...
  20. D

GTI - '18 CPO vs '18 New vs '19 New??

I'm having a tough time with this decision so I'd appreciate input/thoughts. Looking at Autobahn DSG, likely to keep it for roughly 2 years @ 10,000 miles/year before I re-sell. Won't mod it, track it, autocross it - just a daily driver. My options appear to be: 1. 2018 CPO w/ 10K miles...