GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Anybody that normally buys manuals switch to the 7 speed dsg for the R?

Over my driving career, I've had more manuals than automatics. It all goes back to feeling connected to the car. To feel like you're actually driving the car, rather than just pointing it in the direction it needs to go. You have to have skill to drive a manual... you have to know what gear...
  2. L

2016 Navigation Maps Update?

I use mine every once in a while ('18 R) and mine has the '17 maps SD Card. I'd love to buy the latest one and my dealer (VW of Cary, NC) does actually know what it is (had to ask multiple people though) and it's $200-something dollars. Waiting until it's at least a 2020 update for it to be...
  3. L

Rear wiper hesitates/stutters

It judders but keeps moving. It's not making a bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound like when a wiper blade rapidly bounces on/off the glass... I guess judder is as good a word as any. It's like the wiper gets stuck on the glass, it frees itself and surges forward, only to get stuck again to be flung...
  4. L

Hi guys, so sorry for not replying sooner. Yes I think I mentioned that I did replace the rear wiper blade and it's still doing it. I checked the mechanism, etc., at least what I know to check and all seems fine. I do use Rain-X washer fluid and per some suggestions here, I was going to...
  5. L

So, I did a search before posting this and decided to post anyway, because my problem seems to be a little different. I have a 2018 Golf R. The rear wiper started to stutter so I had VW replace it during my first 10k service. When I say "stutter" I mean that as the wiper arm sweeps, it stops...
  6. L

Cold Air Induction

The Butt Dyno may come into play, yes. I'm not debating that. And the sounds are oh-so-sweet. Not denying that either. But I do know that it feels stronger throughout lower RPMs. Hey, if that's a result of the Butt Dyno I'm okay with that too. :D
  7. L

Cold Air Induction

I have definitely noticed more responsiveness in the low-end once a CAI or SRI is installed. Not 'performance' if you will, as in I probably can't measure a faster 0-60 time or a measurable increase in BHP. All three cars I installed one in ('17 Civic Si (RIP), '19 Accord 2.0T, '03 Wrangler w/...
  8. L

2018 R - Homelink Mirror Standard?

Same here, very happy with the results.
  9. L

Quite a few little things with my Golf R - should I be concerned

I bought my 2018 Golf R on 12/31/18. It was built - according to the door jamb - in August of 2017. It was new and only had 25 miles on it. The dealer I bought it from claimed to have only had it for "about four months" so the rest of my R's story is unknown. I guess that means it sat a...
  10. L

Car graphic on the backup camera

So when you're backing up and the camera comes on, there's a Menu button in the upper left-hand corner. Press the button and it displays the Park Pilot car (don't know what else to call it) and the sensor areas that light up when you get close to something. Is there any way to get the car...
  11. L

Installed a boost gauge, question about the readings

Hello all, I finally ordered and installed a P3 vent boost gauge in my '18 R. I calibrated it per the instructions and tested by removing the boost line and saw the gauge read 0.0. All good. So the question I have is what the gauge is reading. At idle it's -22 PSI and in most around town...
  12. L

Can the journey of a car from build to purchase be tracked?

I bought an '18 Golf R from a dealer in MD (see my previous thread) on 12/31/18. The car was new, only had 25 miles on it. I had asked how long it was sitting on the lot and they told me four months. Mine doesn't have the tilt armrest feature and I thought I read somewhere... please correct...
  13. L

Okay R owners, how is your rear licence plate attached?

I bought my Golf R new on 12/31/18 and picked it up 1/1/19. The first thing I did when I got home was carefully scrape off the dealer sticker they put on the hatchback. The 2nd thing I did was remove the dealer licence plate frame from around the temporary tag. As I was trying to put the...
  14. L

8" Discover Media infotainment and SiriusXM - No album art

I have a 2018 Golf R with the 8" Discover Media infotainment system. When choosing the "Now Playing" option for SiriusXM, the screen displays everything (channel logo, artist/song name, etc.) but strangely not the album art. The screen looks like it's formatted to display album art (by the...
  15. L

Are the pedals adjustable and/or upgradeable?

Hello all, I've about 1200 miles on my '18 Golf R and I'm still having problems finding a comfortable driving position due to the placement of the pedals. The position of where the clutch engages vs. the overall positioning of the accelerator means that I'm either too close (awkward angle for...
  16. L

Any way to remove things from the Digital Cockpit

New 2018 Golf R owner here. Love the Digital Cockpit; hate having to scroll through things I'll never use (the lap timer for example). Takes my eyes off the road way too long to scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll until I get to what I want. I think I know the answer; I'm asking anyway. Is...
  17. L

This is why we can't have nice things

My GF came home on Monday and said, "It wasn't me!!" I went uh oh and went out to the garage. She showed me the following. I haven't had the freakin' car even a week yet, and someone door-dinged me. Thankfully it's not a dent, and it feels like it will come right off with little effort. I...
  18. L

New Golf R; significant vibration at high speeds

Hi guys, on the way home from buying the car on 1/1/19 (a 4+ hour drive from MD to NC), I noticed the car had a quite significant vibration at highway speeds... it starts ~70 MPH and smooths out right around 80 MPH. The dealer told me the car was sitting for over 4 months.... don't know if that...
  19. L

Does the Golf R have a CANBUS system?

Hi guys, like the title says, I want to know if the Golf R has a CANBUS system in it. I am asking because I want to replace the pathetic light in the trunk, and need to know if I need a CANBUS-compatible bulb or not. Thank you!
  20. L

(Soon to be) new Golf R owner!

Hello all, my name is Mike and I'm a soon-to-be Golf R owner! Quick backstory: Drove a 2007 Honda Pilot (my hobby dictated that I needed an SUV) for 10+ years. My hobby changed to where I didn't need an SUV anymore so after making a detailed spreadsheet and test-driving many cars, I bought a...