GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tigeo

WTB: GTI plaid seats

Mid-Atlantic area. Clean/no damage stains/smoke/vape smell etc.
  2. tigeo

Can someone please post what their byte 4 and 17 in the brake module is (the hex)?

Hoping someone with VCDS/OBDEleven can check their brake control module, bytes 4and 17 (long coding) and report back what their value (hex) is.
  3. tigeo

EBC RP-1 AND RP-X track pad review

EBC...yeah I know...OH MY GOD THEY WILL MELT AND YOU WILL DIE This post isn't about reds/yellows that are not track pads but seem to be used that way at times with an often predictable result. I realize that yellows were often marketed by third parties as track pads but I'd say they can be...
  4. tigeo

4Mo IS38 station wagon vs. the world at VIR

Some non-roll-racing content. "I thought I got passed by a minivan." "I can't believe I'm saying this but I've never wanted a station wagon so bad in my life." "What the hell is in that?" Vs. C5 Z06 Vette. Start at 5:00 he gets me at 10:00.
  5. tigeo

Full-send grocery getting at VIR in my 2018 GSW w/4Mo + DSG

Good event this past weekend at VIR, full course, Tidewater Sports Car Club. @DerHase was there as well as another member here that's user name escapes me...pics/videos below. I ran in the yellow "lower intermediate" group which is just fine for me at this point. Great group. Car still does...
  6. tigeo

Waste gate afficionados...question on voltage and what a higher/lower number equate to w/r to over/under boost?

So the IS38 WG range is ~3.4 - 4 basically. So if you are at the bottom or top of that range, what does that acually translate into? To me, the voltage at it's highest means "door close/boost" and lowest is "door open/no boost". Is this correct? So above a 4.0 you would be overboost and...
  7. tigeo

front sway bars

Lots of folks say only upgrade the rear sway bar. I went that route originally but really like that I have both upgraded now. The body roll is substatially reduced and there isn't any noticeable understeer as many point out happens when you upgrade the front coming from an upgraded rear-only...
  8. tigeo

R fender liners on my Sportwagen for better flow to the brake ducts

R fender liners with better ducting installed on my Sportwagen. Should work for the GTI too. Info in description. Please like/subscribe! Seems like a good one for @golfdave.
  9. tigeo

How-to: modify RS3 brake ducts to fit Superpro aluminum LCAs

In case anyone wants to see how to modify the RS3 brake ducts to fit the Superpro aluminum LCAs...it's minor. Snip one guide off and drill a hole. Fits very tight now, before they were a bit loose without the hole. On the stock base-Golf LCAs I only had to snip off the most inward guide (and...
  10. tigeo

Suspension measurements and surprising findings on my Sportwagen - B8s/H&R Sport setup

So I decided to nerd-out as I do and do some suspension measurements to figure my droop and bump travel. My setup is GSW w/4Mo + DSG, Bilstein B8s, Eurosport Street camber mounts, H&R Sport springs. Beyond those primary bits, I have H&R f./r. upgraded sway bars (27mm/25mm, respectively), 034...
  11. tigeo

Can someone update the Dragy sheet? It's been a while.

Anyone? Who is keeping this up? Submitted some times a while back and still don't see them. Thanks if someone can do that.
  12. tigeo

Eurosport camber mounts, LCAs, deadset kit, FSB, full dogbone compliment - my thoughts

So after a week, here are my thoughts on the latest round of chassis/suspension/mount bits I added to my Sportwagen. Current setup is H&R Sport springs, Bilstein B8s, Euro Sport camber mounts (added), H&R 25mm RSB w/Moog end links, 034 r. subframe inserts, Tyrolsport f. deadset kit (added), H&R...
  13. tigeo

Any way to change steering limit/end stops?

After install of my Superpro LCAs and Euro Sport Camber mounts my APR BBK rotors are rubbing the LCA at full turn limit. Is there a way to change where that limit is on these cars? Not hard to just not turn to lock but would be great of there is a way to just adjust it.
  14. tigeo

Timing chain tensioner issue

Sounds like I'm getting some chain slap on start up once in a while, goes away quickly but it's there. Anyone have experience with this on the gen 3 1.8 or 2.0? What I'm really looking for are the channels to look at and specs for the chain to check for stretch - I'm guessing it's just the...
  15. tigeo

Combining rear deadset kit with rear subframe inserts....possible?

Is it possible to use both a rear deadset kit (Tyrolsport, ECS, other) with the rear subframe bushing inserts (034, CTS, other)? They seem to accomplish different things - deadset kit (bolts/collars) to line it up/keep the subframe from shifting and the inserts to keep remove movement in the...
  16. tigeo

Carbon cleaning pics - 73K miles IS38 FBO blah blah blah

Don't look bad at all. Had shop replace my water pump/thermostat b/c it was time - leaking got pretty consistent. They were in there so why not. No trouble/issues/misfires.
  17. tigeo

Superpro LCAs - talk to me

Looking at these for my Sportwagen. They add 1 deg of caster and 0.5 deg neg camber. For those that have them, any downsides? I don't think I'm low enough to have drama (just H&R Sport springs) and don't run crazy wheel fitment - just 18/8.5 et 45s with 235s. I am curious if the RS3 brake...
  18. tigeo

What is the obsession with plugs to fix KR in the MK7 world?

I get that the plugs need to be replaced more regularly on tuned MK7s but why do folks always think timing corrections/KR/"knock" is always plug/plug gap related? To me, plugs can be the source of misfires and KR is almost always fuel-quality related.
  19. tigeo

Second HPDE at VIR download/discussion

Here is some info etc. from my second HPDE experience at VIR with the PCC Audi Club. Car: Tires. The PS4 all seasons actually do v. well for a novice driver like me, the main issue is melting/chunks/wear from the lack of camber and my novice driving skills in some corners – these are not cheap...