GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Silver trim heat staking

I've noticed that some of my silver trim is not heat staked to the black plastic trim... Some are staked, and some are not... Should they be? Is this an issue? My car is plagued with rattles and I'm trying to locate the rattles in the dash, one which is especially annoying, somewhere in my...
  2. N

Unable to remove Instrument Cluster

I am having the hardest time removing this gauge cluster... I've removed the black trim around the cluster and the 2 screws at the bottom, but this thing will not budge... I've tried pulling rather hard, but nothing... Any suggestions??
  3. N

Rear subframe swap

Yea, that sounds a bit more involved surgery than I would be willing to do on my daily... That torsion beam is annoying. I miss my MK5 Jetta suspension....
  4. N

Review of KermaTDI MK7 (2015) engine tune for the CRUA (EA288).. TL/DR: It's OK.

Yes, I have reached out to Kerma. They say that's the tune... They weren't willing to work with me on resolving it... Quite frustrating.
  5. N

Rear subframe swap

So, I got this crazy idea in my head to swap a Golf R rear subframe assembly into a Golf TDI. Is this feasible? Has this swap been done? Thanks.
  6. N

Review of KermaTDI MK7 (2015) engine tune for the CRUA (EA288).. TL/DR: It's OK.

While I do agree that keeping the EGT cut active is good (I don't want to damage my engine or turbo), I just feel that it's false advertising to claim those HP/TQ figures, and not include the caveat "only for 5 seconds at a time". I blast from on ramp to off ramp to on ramp, etc. to and from...
  7. N

Yea, it is a shame. There's no reason to NOT be transparent. I also agree that the newer 3er wagons look nice! I saw one in burnt metallic orange a while ago, WOW!! I love the size of the Golf, but a wagon would be awesome! Also, the 328d wagons come with xDrive. Another thing I wish my Golf...
  8. N

I'm posting my review here, as I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to post a review to KermaTDIs website or on Google. I'm at a loss here... So here it goes. The specs on the car: 2015 VW Golf TDI, w/ DSG. SEL package, Lighting package, Fender audio. Bone Stock. I like the car, but...
  9. N

Acrylate / Burning Smell

I finally discovered what the smell was. It happened to be a small exhaust leak at the v-band post DPF. Must have been small enough to close up when it warmed up, but leak when cold.
  10. N

Acrylate / Burning Smell

Hello, I've got a 2015 Golf TDI SEL. This morning when idling the car to warm it up (it's about 24°F in Michigan now), I noticed a burning smell in the cabin. It appears to be coming from the HVAC system. I've smelled it before, but never this strong... The closest smell I can relate it to is...