GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

shootspeed's 2018 VW GTI MK7.5 build

I have the Seibon carbon rear valance, the way that one attaches is pretty much the same as the OEM valance by using the OEM square shaped clip. Looking at the ECS diffuser, I'm thinking cut rectangular strips for each bracket so you can slip the bracket inbetween the ECS diffuser and the OEM...
  2. S

Conical on my set.
  3. S

Took some quick pics in the morning:
  4. S

1/8/22 Received the Aerofabb Competition Series Rear Diffuser late last month and got around to the install in January. Very easy to put together and requires almost no removing of anything on the car, except the 2 clips that hold the stock rear valence to the frame. Luckily it also fits with...
  5. S

looks like i gotta type out a strongly worded email....
  6. S

Been a minute! A few changes... Swapped out Aerofabb splitter for Seibon Carbon Fiber Splitter. Slipped right in, no need for 3m tape, just 3 screws at the bottom. I also added scrape guards at the bottom, working like a charm so far. Carbon fiber mudguards! Just an extra touch. BFI 5mm...
  7. S

Olympus OMD EM-5 MKII (m43 camera, liking the portability), usually with the Panasonic Leica glass (42.5mm f/1.2 and 25mm f/1.4 are my usual) and thanks! the best thing about the build is an excuse to brush up on photography!
  8. S

Not too sure honestly, I had them raise it up the moment I saw it that low! Pot holes are pretty bad where I'm at lol...
  9. S

Thank you! I'm definitely trying to keep this clean and classy. The shop I took it to initially had it about half an inch lower than what it is now, so yeah there's definitely room to drop it a bit more (always tempting but the Aerofabb splitter already scrape on the steeper driveways).
  10. S

Thanks! 30% tint with no tint on the front windshield. Guess it might look lighter or darker depending on the angle, adjustments on the RAW files (i definitely bring up the shadows a bit), along with the circular polarizer on the camera.
  11. S

Was meaning to post this sooner than later, but now I have a bit of time! A few new mods: Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood, Side Skirts, and Rear Valance installed in February If you're buying the Seibon side skirts, be prepared to modify! I had to dremel cut holes on the new skirts for the arrow...
  12. S

Show us your MK7

18 x 8.5, lowered on H&R street performance coilovers :cool:
  13. S

IE MQB Intake / Turbo Inlet Pipe and OEM folding mirrors installed! The IE intake itself was fairly simple to install, but I did run into a few things while uninstalling the APR intake kit. A few notes: Good luck detaching the OEM PCV breather hose from the APR Turbo Inlet Pipe. Did a search...
  14. S

They're pretty good for daily and some spirited driving, although I haven't even had them on for over 1000 miles yet. I definitely felt a bit more gripped up compared to the stock Pirellis the GTI came with, but then again I went an inch wider with the HRE wheels these are currently on. Time...
  15. S

Thanks! I'm a fan of your build is as well--I've been going back and forth on an Oettinger spoiler install. I thought only the H&R Street Performance SS version was stainless steel? Good news for me if the regular ones are stainless steel though, but ultimately it doesn't snow where I'm at at...
  16. S

Show us your MK7

Happy New Year!
  17. S

Ended up having second thoughts about the diffuser and window deflectors I bought this week, so I'll have to sell those soon. Really disappointed in the quality of Maxton and I want to go with a cleaner build. Ordered a few other things that should be coming in around January, both performance...
  18. S

Not sure what the minimum is, but I believe I could go at least .5" lower. As for the street performance+, didn't think I'd need the added cost for the camber plates.