GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. new R Fan 2018

Looking for mechanic shop in central FL

Hey I'm in Oviedo and have used FS Tuning for a couple things. They work MOSTLY on German cars, especially modding them! VERY knowledgeable about all things EU cars, they even have their own local race team. I'd recommend getting an oil extractor to do your own oil changes and some jack...
  2. new R Fan 2018

This is a fun drag race

Unfortunately I do.
  3. new R Fan 2018

This is a fun drag race

What? What? A heavier car w/ the same MK7.5 Golf R engine ran a flat 13? Higher TQ/HP? Improved gearing?
  4. new R Fan 2018

Does a Catted Downpipe really do anything??

I DEF noticed stronger pull and quicker turbo spool after adding DP/upgrading to Uni. Stg.2.(no IC)
  5. new R Fan 2018

My new R

Sick looking! And welcome!
  6. new R Fan 2018

Manual vs. DSG

I had driven a manual car for 12 yrs. before buying my dsg R as I was tired of the increasingly bad traffic around here. I was(and STILL) NOT dissapointed in my choice. I, myself, don't really miss it, especially my left foot.
  7. new R Fan 2018

How Trouble-Free Has Your Stage 1 Tune Been?

I was stage 1+(Uni) for about 5 months til I went stg. 2. Then only issue I ran into was a bad plug or coil pack on cyl.#4. I changed all the plugs to a colder set and replaced #4 coil pack. After that everything was fine. I've been on stg. 2(93 oct.) since late July and so far so good!
  8. new R Fan 2018

New Golf R owner

Welcome!
  9. new R Fan 2018

Installing Springs - Alignment Specs

I didn't have any sensors recal'd after installing springs/alignment. Haven't noticed any diff either.
  10. new R Fan 2018

Sport/Race mode. (19 R)

Revs stay higher in power band/quicker shifts/suspension tightens/exhaust valves open/incr'd throttle sensitivity. In other words, it's ready to RIP!🏁
  11. new R Fan 2018

Got in a wreck on a Monday - Will it be totaled (19 R) ?

Damn?! Sad to hear and see your new R badly injured. Hope everything works out for ya. Get yourself another R!
  12. new R Fan 2018

New Golf R Owner mk7.5

Not at all. I have the same spacer set up on my stock wheels even with my VWR springs.
  13. new R Fan 2018

New Golf R Owner mk7.5

Welcome to the Dub Club! Think it's fun to drive now? Wait'll ya tune it!! 😲
  14. new R Fan 2018

HELPEPC LIGHT CAME ON STAGE 2

I had a EPC light earlier this year while on stg.1 and went into limp mode. Changed the affected(cyl.#4) coil pack and upgraded my plugs. That seemed to fix it.
  15. new R Fan 2018

APR Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Stage 1 wakes the R the fck up very nicely! Stage 2 wakes the R the fck up a tad MORE nicely! I was very happy with my Uni 1+ stage 1 for a good 4 months but then just wanted that lil' xtra bump to stg. 2 and loved it even MORE! Good luck as you WON'T be disappointed whichever you decide.
  16. new R Fan 2018

MK8 R Rear End Leak

I'd quickly be de-badging those ugly new R's.
  17. new R Fan 2018

Launch control and shift issues.

Will be interesting to see your time slip once ya get it figured out. You and I have the same year car and Uni tune/mods setup, except I don't have the IC. Hopefully you'll see high 11's to low 12's? Good luck and report back what the issue was!
  18. new R Fan 2018

Average MPG?

For me about 24 combined.
  19. new R Fan 2018

Safety System Failure

Those pesky sensors have saved my ass several times.
  20. new R Fan 2018

How do I know if my Golf R has OPF?

Get under the car?