GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. YamR1rider

Falken FK510 vs General Gmax RS, impressions

Couple of notes for anyone considering these 'B Segment' tires: I recently replaced a set of General GMax RS with Falken FK510s, driven about 1000 miles on them so far. I had no real dramas with the GMax - found the handling and grip to be decent enough and the tires really wore well - I got...
  2. YamR1rider

Air recirculation flap motor fail (again, on my other car!) with pics

So, just two months after I fixed this problem on my daughters 1.8 Tsi, the exact same thing happened on my GTI, prompting me to do this horrible little job for a second time, per DAPs great Youtube how-to. What the vid doesn't show is just how truly awkward to get to these bloody things are -...
  3. YamR1rider

DIY removal of intake, carbon cleaning, injectors, water pump, oil cooler, accessory bracket

Did the above this week on our 143k miles 1.8 TSi, reasons being random EPC lights once every week or two and as described by daughter, 'shuddering', aka misfires/EPC light+limp mode (OBDEleven said 'cylinder pressure to high' and resultant 'hide cylider', plus very occasional (once per 2-3...
  4. YamR1rider

GTI shocks on 1.8 Golf

Hi guys, I just bought my 16yo daughter her first car - a 1.8T S in silk blue metallic with upgraded wheels and seats - she loves it! Even though it drives very well, it is a high miler and the shocks are still the originals and well overdue replacement. What I am thinking about doing...
  5. YamR1rider

Incredible Golf R build

Something else, this one. If it was Armchair Racers I'm sure he'd say it was bone stock ;)
  6. YamR1rider

Running higher octane gas as 'insurance'?

So as you might have seen I've been playing with my 87 Octane APR Plus tune for the GTI, and neither I nor my Dragy can notice any performance nor fuel economy difference whatsoever, whether I run 87 or 93. But would it be a good idea to maybe bump up to midgrade 89 say as an 'insurance'...