GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

16 GTI breaking up & shaking when accelerating

Everything seems fine when doing easy casual cruising, but when I attempt to accelerate harder/get into boost the car starts stuttering and breaking up while shaking quite hard actually. So I read the code it gave cylinder 4 misfire, so I changed all the plugs. And the problem still remained, so...
  2. E

Need help

I haven’t been on here in a while, but recently started having some problems. Everything seems fine when doing easy casual cruising, but when I attempt to accelerate harder/get into boost the car starts stuttering and breaking up while shaking quite hard actually. So I read the code it gave...
  3. E

2016 gti at the mechanic

So I got coolant low flow code, car been stuck in limp mode, limited rpms, they looked it over and finally got back to me today about it. Said that coolant definitely wasn’t flowing, and that it may be a solenoid, but they would have to take off the intake to check, and said that most of the...
  4. E

Need help ASAP Oil filter

Does someone know if the wix WL 10396 oil filter fits the 2016 gti? I usually get the wix filter, but this one looks a little different than usual. Waited until the oil was drained out of my car to look at the filter smh
  5. E

Eurodyne Flash download file

My laptop is having trouble opening the link for the eurodyne flash in the download section. Would someone be willing to send me the download file? Email is emmkay11945@gmail.com
  6. E

87 octane tune

I’m running the eurodyne 1.5 adjustable tune right now, and lately I’ve been driving a lot for work (around 200 miles a day) and I don’t see that changing anytime soon, so was thinking about adjusting the tune from 93 to 87 octane, so my question I guess is would that be okay to do, or would you...
  7. E

P00B7 CODE

Was driving to work and noticed that I suddenly had my speed restricted, turned around and got back to the house and it gave me the p00b7 code which says “Engine Coolant Flow Low/Performance. It’s the 2016 Gti. The coolant gauge on the car says 194, but on my code reader it says that the ECT is...
  8. E

Left low head beam light

Got a message saying left low headlight out. I searched google but still not really sure what size to get. Is it a h7 or h4? Or what would be a good light to get? It’s a 2016 gti
  9. E

Fuel drain

How can I drain the fuel from my tank
  10. E

Alternator charging voltage?

2016 GTI. When I first got the car it was charging high into the 14s, now I’m in the mid to low 13s a few years later. I just replaced my battery (it just died on me the other day) with an h6 agm. I’ve read that I need to do the battery adaption through obdeleven, my question is will this bring...
  11. E

Anyone in NC with obdeleven?

Will pay anyone in NC to code new battery.
  12. E

2016 gti sdvc volume control on factory hu

Anyone can tell me how to turn off the sdvc (speed dep volume control)? Does turning the slider all the way to the left turn it off? Looked in the owners manual couldn’t find it
  13. E

Alternator charge voltage.

I was having the transmission error, off of a low battery it seems like. I put in a new h6 agm battery and seemed to fix it but now the alternator is still charging the new battery like it’s old around (13.5) how do I get the alternator to realize it’s a new battery and charge accordingly??
  14. E

2016 GTI Transmission Error

I got my car started and put it in drive, started beeping and gave an error: transmission. It was in drive and wouldn’t go anywhere just a rise in rpm, same thing in reverse. Shut the car off, turned back on and the error went away and started driving again. I know my battery is bad, but would...
  15. E

Need some help!

Something is going on and it’s preventing me from getting to work so if anyone can please help! Car is not starting, last night I was at the store, get in the car and it doesn’t turn over, so I thought my battery was dead, happen to have a multimeter in my car so I check the resting voltage...
  16. E

Air intake screw up vacuum line

I was removing the air intake, I first removed the black plastic hose that you have to squeeze the sides, and then I lifted up and the little tiny rubber tube came off at the bottom and I have no idea where it goes I’ve looked everywhere but no clue help
  17. E

Back seat remove

Bro how to remove back seat on 16 gti?
  18. E

2016 gti Factory head unit stereo

Anyone ever have problems with their radio getting stuck at a certain volume and won’t turn up on the sound? And when I switch to the media to play Bluetooth music It will sometimes stay in radio mode and still be playing the radio even though it’s on the media screen, and usually won’t let me...
  19. E

Alternator

Looking for someone who’s messed around with the alternator before, easiest way to get to the power wire that’s connected to battery
  20. E

Mk7 alternator

Can anyone say the best way to get the alternator wire that hooks to batt + and if I need to take anything off that’s in the way to get to it. I’m trying to install 1/0 wire from alt to batt positive