GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. edrex

License plate error even though bulbs are working?

It’s just a quick simple coding procedure with obdeleven if you have one
  2. edrex

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Guy fired up about his GTI: !!! The Fed - Here, let me piss on that for you
  3. edrex

I bought a cheap android tablet to use. I've heard of people buying cheap android prepaid phones and then just not activating them too
  4. edrex

The apps are like running a script on a computer... its a list of commands run in sequence to program the feature. If one bit of that list of commands is different for your car than others it could lead to the app not working. Long coding lets you get in there and run the steps yourself which...
  5. edrex

No, the long coding tells the car it has power folding mirrors now and what to do with them. Its required in addition to making sure the option is checked in the infotainment unit. Can you maybe borrow someones android and do the coding that way? The new obdeleven should work for both
  6. edrex

Got a quote of 1500$ for installing Lowering springs.....

You should open a shop so we can get all our shit installed dirt cheap and build your reputation as the place that installs shit for dirt cheap!!
  7. edrex

MIB2 (2016) to MIB2 v2 (2019) observations

Do you mean as part of CarPlay/Android Auto or are you saying you could read texts on the screen outside of those services on your 16?
  8. edrex

Need advice on dialing in coilovers

Added 5 clicks to the front and its fairly neutral now even under heavier acceleration. Next (once the roads are dry again) I'm going to add more stiffness to the front and rear and see what happens. Was going for about 3/4" lower and will readjust height once some time has passed and the...
  9. edrex

Yes, 24mm H&R rear sway. Forgot to mention that. I've added 5 clicks to the front so far but with the holiday it might be a few days before I can really test it again. Still looking for any advice on what people do to test and set up new coilovers. Happy thanksgiving all!
  10. edrex

Thank you. Rear is as soft as it goes right now so I'll add some clicks to the front and go from there
  11. edrex

Back end started swinging around and I had to steer into it a little to catch traction again.
  12. edrex

Need advice on dialing in coilovers

Hi all, Just got my EQT coilovers installed but haven't had much chance to test them out. Whats the best way to figure out how soft/firm I should set them? So far I've run them on full soft and had some pretty bad oversteer when moderately accelerating from a stop while turning left. Only...
  13. edrex

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Received and installed but very little chance to test them out yet. Still need to get them dialed in.
  14. edrex

First set of coilovers installed. Started on full soft all the way around. Had some pretty bad oversteer turning left while moderately accelerating from a stop. That means I need to stiffen up the rears, right? What is the best procedure as far as dialing in the right amount of stiffness?
  15. edrex

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

i think it’s 8 years from new and then every 2 years
  16. edrex

Northbay, I like to drive West Sonoma County and West Marin.
  17. edrex

Cool, thank you. I said low because my insurance wants to default me to 12k per year every renewal. Sometimes I drive closer to 5k but since I got the GTI I do a lot more backroads runs than I used to.
  18. edrex

What is the longest length of TIME you guys would let pass between oil changes? I drive regularly, but low mileage - usually less than 8k miles per year
  19. edrex

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19457 ;)
  20. edrex

I need this too but so far no luck